New Year’s Eve is deadline to change voter registration

-A A +A

Citizens who want to change their party registration in time to vote for that party in the May primary have until Dec. 31 to do so.

In addition to voters, the deadline affects candidates who wish to switch political party affiliation and run in their new party’s primary election or those seeking ballot access as an independent.

Those who wish to change their party can complete a voter registration card and submit it to the county clerk in their county of residence by the deadline.   

Due to the holiday season, be sure to check with your local county clerk for times that their offices will be open.

Registration cards that are mailed must be postmarked by Dec. 31.

Voter registration cards are available at county clerks’ offices or at www.vote.ky.gov/register.