Patricia Clark was wrapping Christmas presents on Dec. 11 when she heard her mother scream.
“She was yelling for us to get out of the house,” Clark said.
When the family of eight ran outside, they saw flames shooting from the electric line leading into their two-story frame home.
“My husband tried to use the garden hose and mom threw buckets of water, but it was no use,” Clark said.
Clark said she did manage to rescue eight Malamut puppies from inside the house before the heat, flames and smoke were too much.