.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Today's News

  • Barnett signs to play at Asbury

    Logan Barnett wasn’t sure he was going to make the Grant County Braves soccer team when he was 12, but flash forward six years and Barnett has signed an athletic scholarship to play collegiate soccer at Asbury University.

    “It feels great. I am excited,” he said.

  • The day that changed my life

    In life there always seems to be twists and turns that take us in different directions. When you are young we often think we have it all planned out, and we do not anticipate any bumps in the road. What we don’t know is that one thing that may only take a second will change the course of your life forever.

  • What’s in a number?

    I love Chinese food. It’s one of my favorite types of food to eat and I especially like the fortune cookie you get when they give you the bill. I’ve traveled to Asia and they really don’t give you fortune cookies at most restaurants there.

    The fortune cookie is an American thing, but it’s fun anyway.

    While I don’t follow the signs or stars or don’t let astrology rule my thought process, except for belief in that whole full moon thing, I do save the fortunes from my cookies.

  • Dildine says ‘sew’ long to The Quilt Box

    When Sandy Dildine moved to Grant County 20 years ago from Columbia, South Carolina, even before she settled into her home, she went in search of a quilt shop.

    “I was happy the first day that we came,” Dildine said. “We stayed at a motel down there and I came out here at 9:30 in the morning and I knew I was going to be OK, because this is what I like to do. I’ve been a quilter for a long time, so I was happy moving here and finding a quilt shop.”

  • Facebook Featured Fan: August 11, 2011

    Hi! I’m . . .
    Ashlee Blaze

    I live in . . .
    Williamstown

    About me . . .
    I am 25-years-old and married my husband Matt on June 25. I am a fourth grade teacher at Sherman Elementary. I am a happy person and I love life.

  • Upcoming events: August 11, 2011

    Teams forming for Dragon boat race
    Have you ever paddled on a dragon boat?  Here is your opportunity!  Teams are now forming for the Second Annual Dragon Boat Festival. The festival will be held at A.J. Jolly Park in Campbell County on Saturday, Sept. 10.  Competition begins at 8:15 a.m.
    Create a team and join us for a day of fun, food and festivities. No skills are necessary. For more information call 859-391-7020 or visit the website at www.stelizabeth.com/dragonboat.

  • Police Reports - August 11, 2011

    (Editor’s Note: The Grant County News publishes all items in police beat that are submitted from each individual police agency. The News does not omit names from police reports.)

    Grant County Sheriff's Office

  • ‘I don’t feel like cancer defines me’

    In May 2009, Rebecca Ailstock, was just beginning her nursing career, a life-long dream to work in the medical field.

    Ailstock, a 2005 graduate of Grant County High School, started Northern Kentucky University, in the fall semester, right after graduation.

    “I graduated in four years, because I took classes during the summer, so that I could keep up with the four-year thing,” she said. “I really wanted to get in and get out.”

  • Want to have a healthy baby?

    Healthy Baby Workshop will be held from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Grant County Health Center, 234 Barnes Road in Williamstown.

    Workshop activities will provide information about having a healthy baby. All women completing one workshop will receive a gift pack with helpful pregnancy information and baby items.

    For more information or to register, call Camille Croweak at 859-283-0952, extension 115.

  • Country Grill set to re-open after fire

    The Country Grill in Dry Ridge will reopen Aug. 11 after an electrical fire forced the restaurant to close for more than two months.

    “We’re excited,” said owner Mike Hare. “Everyone’s excited about getting reopened. Everywhere we go, people are asking when we are reopening. We’re ready to go.”

    The fire broke out on June 6.

    Hare said the employees smelled smoke and then noticed a haze in the dining room just after lunch.

    The source of the smoke eventually was found in the attic above the kitchen.