On the crisp Oct. 1 morning around 10 a.m. fire broke out in the home of Robert McPheron on Hopewell Road.
Firefighters from Crittenden, Dry Ridge Fire Department and Piner-Fiskburg battled the blaze. Crittenden Fire Chief Lee Burton said the fire started in a back room and was electrical.
“While the back room was a total loss and the loss on the contents was significant the structure remains sound,” Burton said. The family did have insurance on the home and plans on rebuilding and living in the home before winter.