Mason-Corinth Elementary was evacuated Sept. 19 after a computer in a kindergarten classroom caught fire.
Smoke was seen coming from the computer, prompting the evacuation, according to Nancy Howe, Grant County Schools public information officer.
The fire alarm was pulled by school staff at 12:49 p.m. and the Williamstown Fire Department responded to the scene.
Williamstown Fire Chief Les Whalen said the fire was out when the department arrived.
“They put it out with a fire extinguisher, but it was still smoldering,” he said.