- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Grant County High School Speech and Drama Team attended the Campbell County High School “Haunted Invitational” Forensics Tournament on Oct. 25 in Alexandria, Ky. Ten teams from across the commonwealth were in attendance for the first official ‘kick-off’ tournament of the season.
The Team Sweepstakes (the overall team competition) was fierce with Larry A. Ryle High School placing third, Grant County High School placing second and Boone County High School placing first. This placement for Grant County from the third place finish last season and was a successful tournament for the team, having a total of 18 event finalists (with 15 different students in finals).
The individual results from the competition follow:
• Broadcasting - Dillon Ferguson, sixth place
• Declamation - Jacob Kinman, sixth place
• Dramatic Interpretation - Ariel Dorsey, second place; Nikki Montgomery, fifth place; and Daniel Coomer, seventh place (Next-Out award)
• Duo Interpretation - Zach Bolen and Matt Ferguson, second place; Alesha Hatton and Cody Murphy, fifth place; and Amber Benton and Alexandra Young, seventh place (Next-Out award)
• Extemporaneous Speaking - Ryan Eldridge, fourth place
• Humorous Interpretation - Daniel Coomer, second place; Zach Bolen, fifth place; and Cody Murphy, seventh place (Next-Out award)
• Improvisational Duo - Daniel Coomer and Jacob Wolfinbarger, second place; Zach Bolen and Matt Ferguson, fourth place; and Jake Ewing and Nikki Montgomery, seventh place (Next-Out award)
• Improvisational Storytelling - Daniel Coomer, second place; and Chelsea Meece, sixth place
• Oratory - Leslie Kroetz, fourth place
• Poetry - Alexandra Young, seventh Place (Next-Out award)
• Prose - Alesha Hatton, sixth place
• Storytelling - Zach Bolen, second place; Jake Ewing, third place; Kyle Caldwell; fifth place; and Matt Ferguson, seventh place (Next-Out award)
The GCHS Speech and Drama team is coached by Ryan Ray and Logan Scisco.