- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Four Grant County residents and Transylvania University students have been named to the dean’s list for the 2010 fall term.
The following students were recognized:
• Home school graduate and Transylvania junior Caleb Ritchie, a music technology and applied music (piano) double major, is the son of Danny and Kari Ritchie of Corinth.
• Grant County High Schools, Senior Katrina Mineo, an anthropology major, and Raven Mineo, a history major, are the daughters of Brian Richey and Paula Richey, both of Dry Ridge.
• Saint Henry District High School first-year student Travis Powell is the son of Gregory and Nancy Powell of Crittenden.
To be named to the dean’s list, a student must achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average during the term.
Eastern Kentucky University has announced that 2,579 students earned dean’s list honors for the fall 2010 semester. The following Grant County students were among them:
Jonathan A. Livingood – physical education
Erin Marie Lunsford – elementary education teaching
Elizabeth Anne Mindel – elementary education teaching
Natalie Nicloe Owings – psychology
William Anthony Roberts – music
• Dry Ridge:
Noah Joseph Cundari – computer information systems
Rebecca Kalli Johnson – social work
Sarah Kaitlyn Johnson – elementary education teaching
Rachel Mary Morris – social work
Joshua P. Rayburn – music
Jenifer Lynn Scott – elementary education teaching
George Kody Thompson – aviation
Kory Blake Chandler – construction management
Jill Catherine Doane – marketing
Heather Lynn Draper – paralegal science
Kelsey Marie Edmondson – occupational science
To achieve dean’s list honors at Eastern, students attempting 14 or more credit hours must earn a 3.5 grade point average out of a possible 4.0. Students attempting 13 credit hours must earn a 3.65 GPA, and students attempting 12 credit hours must earn a 3.75 GPA.
The following local students have been named to the dean’s list for the 2010 fall semester at Georgetown College.
• Casey Jo Beyersdoerfer, daughter of Steve and Tracey Rachford of Crittenden
• Devon R. Kells, daughter of Harold and Karen Kells of Dry Ridge
• Rachel Elizabeth Madden, daughter of William and Sheila Madden of Dry Ridge and granddaughter of Lowell and Nancy Roland of Dry Ridge
The dean’s list honors undergraduate students who completed the semester with at least 12 hours and a 3.7 GPA.
The Morehead State University dean’s list for the 2010 fall semester includes the following local students:
• Dry Ridge
To be named to the list, a student must be enrolled on a full-time basis and achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale for the current semester.
Bluegrass Community and Techhnical College recognized the following students from Grant County who have achieved dean’s list honors for the 2010 fall semester.
Mallory Bishop, Lindsay Bowen, Sara Clayton, Miranda Cleveland, Alicia Herrmann and Susan Rogers.
The college recognizes academic excellence by naming to the dean’s list full-time students who have earned an overall semester grade point average of 3.5 or better in courses numbered 100 or above.