- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The following classes will be sponsored by the Grant County Extension Service, 105 Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown.
• Sept. 15 - It’s “New” Beef - Learn about “new” cuts of beef and see a cutting demonstration at 7 p.m. by Dr. Gregg Rentfrow, Extension Meat Specialist. Learn to buy and use beef more economically. There will be prizes for everyone, plus door prizes.
• Sept.19 - Quilting Group - The Happy Stitchers Quilting Group meets from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the extension office.
• October Zumba Classes – 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 4, 11, 18 and 25; 6 to 10 a.m. Saturdays,Oct. 8, 15, 22 and 29. Classes are free and held at the extension office with instructor, Debby Lucas Angel.
• Oct. 6 - Gardening Class at 6 p.m. taught at the Grant County Public Library. The program includes a documentary about a self-taught gardener.
• Oct. 9 - Second Sunday - Celebrate the outdoors at Second Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Williamstown School. There will be family oriented games and prizes. Watch for future details to come.
• Oct. 25 - Diabetes Awareness Workshop and luncheon from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boone County Extension Office, 6028 Camp Earnest Road in Burlington. The cost is $5 for non-members and $3 for extension homemaker members.
Speakers will provide information on the basics of diabetes and management of the condition.
• Oct. 27 – Shopper’s Showcase – Vendors will be on hand with merchandise: arts and crafts for the home, Christmas gift ideas and more.
• Oct. 29 - Oil Painting with rouging from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the extension office and there is an instructor fee of $30.
All classes require registration by calling the extension office at 859-824-3355. Class sizes are limited.