- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• March 1-2 - Crittenden-Mt. Zion Elementary (428-2171)
• March 3–4 - Mason-Corinth Elementary (824-9510)
• March 7-8 - Dry Ridge Elementary (824-4484)
• March 10-11 - Sherman Elementary (428-5500)
Children who will have their fifth birthday before Oct. 1, 2011, are eligible to attend kindergarten. Parents should contact their local school as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for kindergarten registration and screening.
The following documentation must be brought to your appointment:
• original birth certificate
• pertinent guardianship and/or custody papers, when applicable
• certificate of immunization
• physical examination
• dental examination
• eye examination by an eye specialist
• the child’s Social Security card
• proof of residency (a document such as utility bill, lease agreement, etc., showing parent’s name and address – or notarized statement if documents mentioned above are not available)
Bring the child to the registration site where the child will be engaged in a activities and screenings. The entire process will take at least an hour.
to an hour and a half.
The Williamstown Elementary Kindergarten will enroll students who live inside the Williamstown District school boundaries on March 4 and students living outside the district on March 25 at the Williamstown Baptist Church. You must have an appointment to register. Call the Williamstown Welcome Center at 824-4184 to schedule a time. The process will take approximately one hour.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
• Your child
• Child’s birth certificate
• Up to date immunization certificate
• Two proofs of residency (i.e. driver’s license, utility bill, telephone invoice, etc.)
• Any applicable custody papers
Kindergarten students are required to have an eye exam, dental exam and physical exam. These do not have to be completed at the time of registration, but if they are complete, bring documentation to registration.