- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The grand jury, which met Aug. 12, returned indictments against five people.
An indictment means there is probable cause to believe a crime has been committed; guilt or innocence is established later through the trial procedure.
Those indicted were:
• Tamela L. Gatewood, 42, with three counts trafficking in a controlled substance, first offense.
• Mischelle R. Mayme, 35, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, first offense and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Virginia E. Sikula, 30, one count of welfare fraud
• David M. Suire, 37, flagrant nonsupport.
• David M. Kidd, 41, cultivation of marijuana, five or more plants while in possession of a firearm and one count of poassession of drug paraphernalia second or subsequent offense.