- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The grand jury, which met April 6, returned indictments against eight people.
An indictment means there is probable cause to believe a crime has been committed; guilt or innocence is established later through the trial procedure.
Those indicted were:
• Allan Wayne Hess, 33, possession of a controlled substance first degree, second or subsequent offense, possession of drug paraphernalia, first offense and persistent felony offender first degree.
• Briana M. Case, 30, attempt/obtain controlled substance by fraud/false statement, second or subsequent offense.
• Nicholas A. Edwards, 25, criminal possession of a forged instrument first degree.
• Elijah J. Varner, 19, criminal possession of a forged instrument first degree.
• Daniel Ray Vendler, 31, receiving stolen property valued $500 or more.
• Donald Horace Barnes, 52, assault second degree, leaving the scene of an injury accident and operating a motor vehicle while license suspended.
• Derek Michael Blades, 18, possession of a controlled substance first degree, first offense.
• Randy Lee Ferrell, 43, flagrant nonsupport and persistent felony offender first degree.