- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The GCMS schedule pickup dates and open enrollment
Any parent or legal guardian that needs to enroll their child can come to Grant County Middle School from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. between July 24 through Aug. 13. Pick-up and enrollment on July 26 and July 31 will be until 7 p.m. On July 27, secretaries will be in the office from 1 to 3:30 p.m. due to a morning meeting.
Parents or legal guardians can pick up schedules and update information for students in all grades from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. between July 24 through Aug. 13. School Fees are $10.
All parents are required to bring in proof of residency. All sixth grade students must have an updated school physical and immunization prior to school beginning.
• Aug. 6 - Sixth grade “Meet and Greet” can pick up schedules and meet teachers in classroom from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
• Aug. 7 - Seventh and eighth grade “Meet and Greet” can pick up schedules and meet teachers in classroom from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
GCHS schedule pick up
The Grant County High School schedule pick-up and fee payment for 2012-2013 is from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 2 to 6 p.m.
• July 30 – seniors
• Aug. 1 – juniors
• Aug. 2 – sophomores
• Aug. 3 – freshmen
Bring proof of residency (utility bill, landline phone bill, deed, rental agreement, etc.) If you cannot attend on the date listed for your child, you may come on a later date.
Dry Ridge Elementary
Dry Ridge Elementary will have open enrollment for any new students entering Dry Ridge Elementary is from 2 to 7 p.m. July 26 at Dry Ridge Elementary.
Crittenden-Mt. Zion Elementary
• Crittenden-Mt. Zion will be having open enrollment from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Aug. 1 and Aug 2.
• Redi-Fest from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Aug. 1. Redi-fest is a program where parents can find out who the student’s teacher is and update some important info.
• Kinder Camp is from 2 to 6 p.m. on Aug. 8. Parents should be receiving papers in the mail. If they have not, contact Crittenden-Mt. Zion School at 859-428-2171.
• Open House is from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 13 for grades first through fifth.
The Williamstown School district has the following dates and times for Back to School events.
• Kindergarten Orientation is at 7 p.m. on Aug. 6 in gym two.
• Back to School Bash is Friday, Aug. 10
First through fifth grade is from 6 to 7 p.m. in gym two (WES parents, park in the front parking lot or by gym two)
Sixth through eighth grade is from 6 to 7 p.m. in gym one (WMS/WHS parents, park in the parking lot by the band room and board office)
• Ninth through 12th grades from 5 to 6 p.m. in gym one.
Show your Williamstown Spirit by wearing orange and black or a Williamstown Tshirt as you pick up your schedule, pay fees and meet your teachers.
There will be a free movie presented by Grant County Parks and Recreation at 9 p.m. at the baseball field. Games and food and drinks will be available for purchase.
Reading Coaches Needed for Elementary Schools
The Grant County Public Library will host a One to One reading/volunteer training session at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 14 at the library for the 2012-2013 academic year.
One to One trains volunteers to produce measurable, positive results for first to third grade students who are struggling with reading. The volunteers or reading coaches, practice with the same student for 35 minutes once a week in a simple format that emphasizes reading, writing and building basic skills.
Volunteer opportunities exist at 35 elementary schools throughout Northern Kentucky, including Mason-Corinth and Williamstown. Coaching sessions are arranged with individual teachers based on the volunteer’s availability.
For more information or to register for this training, visit the Northern Kentucky Education Council www.nkyec.org under One to One or contact Nancy Costello at email@example.com or 859-282-9214.