- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Sept. 9 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Sept. 5 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 3 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 8. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 3, Sept. 7 and Sept. 8. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment. The next GED test will be given Sept. 15 and Sept. 17.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 8 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sept. 9 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers Market is open at the Williamstown (by Eagle Creek Learning Center) and Crittenden (by Whippy Dip) locations. Local members set up most days of the week and sell until their produce, baked goods or honey is gone.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at the Grant County USDA Service Center, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
GRANT COUNTY LIBRARY
• Thursday, Sept. 3
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Saturday, Sept. 5
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Game Day @ the Library - Join others for Xbox and PlayStation games at the library. This event is free and open to ages 15-25. The library provides an Xbox 360 console and television, but other systems and controllers are needed. No registration required.
• Wednesday, Sept. 9
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
6-7 p.m. Computer Basics - Learn how to use a mouse, open and close programs, save, copy, move, and delete computer files using the library’s laptop computers. No computer experience necessary. Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 8 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Sept. 3, Sept. 8 and Sept. 9 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• St. Elizabeth Medical Center – Grant County will conduct vascular screenings on Sept. 14. Call 859-301-2992 to set up an appointment.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Williamstown Elementary School SBDM council will meet at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 3.
• The Grant County High School SBDM council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Grant County High School library.
• Mason Corinth Elementary site-based decision council meets at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
• Sherman Elementary parent/teacher advisory council meets at 4 p.m. Sept. 8.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 9 in the former Crittenden city building on U. S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• A field representative of the Social Security Administration will be at the Grant County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 9. For more information, call the Fort Mitchell office at (859) 282-7324 or 1-800-772-1213.
• An Alzheimer’s support group, a local affiliate of the Alzheimer’s Association, will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 3 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 823-0661 or Debbie at 824-6681 for more information.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 4 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Sept. 5 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 7 at the Little Shrimp Restaurant in Dry Ridge.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Sept. 8 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 8 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 4, Sept. 7 and Sept. 9. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.