- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Sept. 21 at the Grant County Extension Office on Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon Sept. 22 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Mandy Green at 824-4488 for more information.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Sept. 23 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Sept. 19 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet Sept. 21 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown. Dinner is at 6 p.m. and the program begins at 6:45 p.m. followed by a business meeting. The cost is $7.50 for dinner. Call 824-9202 for dinner reservations.
• The Friends of Sherman Tavern will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 22 at the Senior Citizens Center in Williamstown. All who are interested in preserving and restoring this historical landmark are invited to attend. A tax deductible donation can be sent to Friends of Sherman Tavern, 1002 Rogers Road, Crittenden, Ky. 41030. For more information, contact 824-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Grant County Saddle club will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 24 at the new Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information, contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or email@example.com.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Sept. 17. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 17, Sept. 21 and Sept. 22. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 23. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 21 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment. The next GED test will be given Sept. 17.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 22 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sept. 23 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a class called “salts of the earth” at 10 a.m. Sept. 22 at the extension office on Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown. Call 824-3355 for more information or to register.
• The Falmouth Farm Service Agency, which provides assistance to landowners in Grant and Pendleton counties, will hold a county committee meeting at 9 a.m. Sept. 17. For more information, call 859-654-3374.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. Sept. 17 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 19 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 21.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Sept. 23 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Sept. 23 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
GRANT COUNTY LIBRARY
• Thursday, September 17
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Wednesday, September 23
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
• Thursday, September 24
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Friday, September 25
6-8 p.m. Cosmic Costume Party – Children ages 8-14 and their parents may attend the after-hours costume party. Everyone under age 14 must wear a space-themed costume with a costume judging contest at the end of the evening. The library will provide snacks and freebies. Registration is a must so parents must call 824-2080 to sign up.
• The MCE Relay for Life team will hold a bake sale starting at 9 a.m. Sept. 19 at the Dry Ridge Wal-Mart.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 22 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Sept. 17, Sept. 22 and Sept. 23 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class will feature walking, yoga and other activities. The class fee is $10 (free to extension homemaker members.) Call 824-3355 for more information.
• CMZ PTT meets at 7 p.m. Sept. 17.
• GCMS PTT meets from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 17.
• SES PTT meets at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 23 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. for a potluck meal. For more information, call 428-0252
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 18 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 18 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Sept. 19 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 22 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 18, Sept. 21 and Sept. 23. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.