- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Band Boosters will meet from 7 to 8 p.m. Sept. 15 in the GCHS band room. For more information, call Jeff Shelton at 859-391-8555.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Sept. 16 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lady Lions meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 14 at the Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 10 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet Sept. 11 at Vanessa’s in Dry Ridge. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Carlsbad Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 15. All meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Call Nancy McGee at 991-4540 for the location.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 10 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 15. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 10, Sept. 14 and Sept. 15. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sept. 16 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 10.
• The Williamstown Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 14 at the board office.
• Dry Ridge City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 14.
• The Grant County Library Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 14 in the library at 201 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Sept. Sept. 15 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
GRANT COUNTY LIBRARY
Thursday, September 10
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
Friday, September 11
10 a.m.-noon Free Blood Pressure & Pulse Check.room. No registration required.
Saturday, September 12
11 a.m.-noon Fall Tasks Cincinnati Master Gardener and Composter John Duke returns to the library to talk about things you need to do to put your garden to rest this fall and be rejuvenated by spring. Call 824-2080 to register.
Sunday, September 13 Library Reopens on Sundays!
1:30 p.m. Northern Kentucky One Book, One Community Kickoff with Phil DeGreg Jazz Concert. Join us on our first open Sunday for the fall as we draw a name for a free copy of this year’s book, The Jazz Bird, and listen to the sounds of early jazz during the 1920s. No registration required
Tuesday, September 15
6-7:30 p.m. H1N1 (Swine Flu) Information. The Northern Kentucky Health Department shares the latest information with the public. No registration required.
Wednesday, September 16
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
6-7 p.m. Intro to the Internet - Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 15 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Sept. 10, Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• St. Elizabeth Medical Center – Grant County will conduct vascular screenings on Sept. 14. Call 859-301-2992 to set up an appointment.
• The Dry Ridge elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Sept. 15.
• Crittenden Mount-Zion SBDM will meet at 4 p.m. Sept. 14.
• DRE’s Family Resource Center will hold family reading night from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 14
• GCHS will host open house from 4 to 7 p.m. Sept. 15.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 16 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. The group will be taking a day trip. For more information call 428-0252.
• Williamstown Baptist Church’s Super Senior (age 55 and over) meet at noon Sept. 14. All seniors are invited. Call the church office at 824-4102 for more information.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 11 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Sept. 11 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Sept. 12 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The breast cancer support group, Helping Each Other Too, will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 14 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. The topic will be “sharing with survivors.” Call Cathy Ficke at (859) 301-2273 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.