- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Sept. 2 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 301 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 3 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Women’s Club will meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 1 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 27 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 1. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 27, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 1 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sept. 2 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 1.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8.
GRANT COUNTY LIBRARY
• Tuesday, Sept. 1
6:30-7:30 p.m. Bedtime Storytime – For children of all ages. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Wednesday, Sept. 2
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time 6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft Word - Learn the basics of word processing such as changing the font size and color, how to indent, center and use Spell Check. This is an invaluable class for anyone wanting to brush up on basic computers skills. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 1 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Aug. 27, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• St. Elizabeth Medical Center – Grant County will host a Nutrition and Stress Management Class and heart screenings from noon to 2 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 1. Call 859-301-301-6333.
• St. Elizabeth Medical Center – Grant County will conduct vascular screenings Sept. 14. Call 859-301-2992 to set up an appointment.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Sept. 1.
• Grant County Middle School SBDM will be at 4 p.m. Sept. 1.
• The Williamstown Elementary School SBDM council will meet at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 3.
• DRE’s Family Resource Center will hold family reading night from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 2 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 28 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Aug. 29 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Sept. 1 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 1 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• An Alzheimer’s support group, a local affiliate of the Alzheimer’s Association, will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 3 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 823-0661 or Debbie at 824-6681 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 28, Aug. 31 and Sept. 2. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.