- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Aug. 26 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Friends of Sherman Tavern will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 25 at the Senior Citizens Center in Williamstown. All who are interested in preserving and restoring this historical landmark are invited to attend. A tax deductible donation can be sent to Friends of Sherman Tavern, 1002 Rogers Road, Crittenden, KY. 41030. For more information, call 824-9292 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 26 at Noble’s.
• The Grant County Saddle Club will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 27 at the new Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information, please contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Aug. 20. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 20 and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 25. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 21, Aug. 24 and Aug. 25. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 26. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on KY 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 25 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 26 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers Market is open at the Williamstown (by Eagle Creek Learning Center) and Crittenden (by Whippy Dip) locations. Local members set up most days of the week and sell until their produce, baked goods or honey is gone.
• The Grant County Board of Health will meet at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 21 at the Grant County Health Center, 2345 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will hold a caucus (discussion) meeting at 7 p.m. Aug. 24.
GRANT COUNTY LIBRARY
• Thursday, Aug. 20
9:30 a.m. Baby Time (0-11 months);
10:30 a.m. Pre-school Story Time ( 3,4 and 5 year olds)
• Wednesday, Aug. 26
9:30 a.m. Toddler Time (12 months to 2 years)
Saturday, August 22
11 a.m. Heirloom Poultry Breeds & Raising Chickens. Matt John, owner of Shady Lane Poultry in Indiana, talks about how commercial poultry is bred and raised, the need for poultry diversity and breeds that are dying out, and how beginners can get started raising their own poultry. Matt even brings a couple of his favorite chickens to show off. Call 824-2080 to register.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays and also by appointment. The early 18th century structure was the home of the founder of Williamstown. It is furnished with early American furniture and artifacts. Members of the Grant County Historical Society serve as hosts and guides. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 or email email@example.com for more information.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Aug. 22 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Aug. 25 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Aug. 20, Aug. 25 and Aug. 26 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Faith Pharmacy (formerly St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy) will distribute prescriptions from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 26 at the Grant County Community Action Center office in Williamstown. For more information about the program, call 824-4768.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 26 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. for a potluck meal. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 20 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Aug. 22 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 25 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 25 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Aug. 24 and Aug. 26. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.