- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 6:30 p.m. July 13 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office in the Dry Ridge Outlet Center.
• The Williamstown Woman’s Club is hosting an evening with John Domaschko, president of Strategic Initiatives Vision 2015, at 7 p.m. July 9 at the Williamstown Baptist Church. Domaschko will share the history, vision process, goals and projects relating to Vision 2015 and how this impacts the region. The public is invited.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 321 will meet at 7:30 p.m. July 9 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon July 9 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. July 9 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. on July 9.
• The Grant and Owen County Cattlemen’s Association will be hosting a Beef Cattle Field Day at 5:30 p.m. July 10 at the H.R. Hoffman Farm, managed by Kenwood and DC Soper. Topics covered include water and waste management, growing switch grass for energy and minerals for summer grazing. Call 859-824-3355 to register.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. July 14 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. July 14 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon July 15 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. July 16 at Noble’s.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet July 10 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. July 13 at the new Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. July 9 and from 9 a.m. to noon July 14. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 9, July 10 and July 14. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 15. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 14 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. July 15 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Solid Waste (109 board) will meet at 7:30 a.m. on July 11 (instead of July 18) in the basement of the Williamstown Post Office.
• The Grant County Library Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. July 13 in the library at 201 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. July 13.
• The Grant County Tourism Commission will meet at 7 p.m. July 16 in the tourism center at the Dry Ridge Outlet Center.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. July 14 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. July 18 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open July 9, July 14 and July 15 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, July 9
9:30 a.m. Tiny Tales
10 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
4 p.m. Create & Take (Children’s Summer Reading)
• Saturday, July 11
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Game Day @ the Library – Join others for Xbox and PlayStation games at the library. This event is free and open to ages 15-25. The library provides an Xbox 360 console and television, but other systems and controllers are needed. No registration required.
• Monday, July 13
6-7 p.m. (Teen Summer Reading) Deck Our Walls – We’ve decided that the library needs modern artwork – a la Jackson Pollack, and you’re the artist. We want teens to create a masterpiece for our walls. We provide the canvas and painting materials – you supply the creativity. Call 824-2080 to sign up.
• Tuesday, July 14
6 p.m. (Children’s Summer Reading) Woody the Kentucky Weiner Dog – Kentucky author Leigh Anne Florence brings her two dachshunds, Woody & Cloe, reads from one of her children’s books, and talks about dreaming like the big dogs.
• Wednesday, July 15
9:30 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. July 15 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. July 10 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. July 14 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• The breast cancer support group, Helping Each Other Too, will meet at 7 p.m. on July 13 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call Cathy Ficke at (859) 301-2273 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 10, July 13 and July 15. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Appointments are recommended. Call 824-0940 to make an appointment.