- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Community Enrichment Through The Arts (CETA) is sponsoring Shakespeare in the Park, a performance of Romeo and Juliet at 7 p.m. Aug. 4 at Grant County Park in Crittenden. The event is free and concessions will be available. Rain moves the performance inside the Welfare House. The Grant County Public Library will host a workshop with the performers at 5 p.m.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 1 in Crittenden. Call Jerry Keith at 859-393-5169 for more information.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Aug. 5 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 301 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Woman’s Club will meet at 6 p.m. Aug. 4 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 10 at the Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 30 and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 4. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 3 and Aug. 4. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 17. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays, beginning Aug. 18, at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 5 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers Market is open at the Williamstown (by Eagle Creek Learning Center) and Crittenden (by Whippy Dip) locations. Local members set up most days of the week and sell until their produce, baked goods or honey is gone.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 3.
• Corinth City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 3.
• Dry Ridge City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 3.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 3.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 4.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Aug. 1 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Aug. 4 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Aug. 4 and Aug. 5 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Aug. 5 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• The Dry Ridge Elementary Site Based Decision-Making Council will meet at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 3 in the library.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. July 31 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Aug. 1 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 3 at the Little Shrimp Restaurant in Dry Ridge.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 4 at St. Williams Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 3 and Aug. 5. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.