- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The CETA (Community Enrichment Through The Arts) board of directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. July 27 at the Grant County Tourism office in the Dry Ridge Outlet Center.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. July 20 at the Grant County Extension Office on Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon July 22 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. July 22 at Noble’s.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet July 20 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. The program will be “Signers of the Declaration of Independence” presented by Paul Simpson, winner of the 2008 Kentucky DAR Outstanding Teacher of American History Award. Dinner is at 6 p.m., followed by the program at 6:45. Cost for dinner is $7.50. Call 824-9202 to make a dinner reservation. All interested in history are welcome.
• The Grant County Democratic Party will meet at 7 p.m. July 23 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center, located at the rear of the city building.
• The Grant County Saddle club will meet at 7 p.m. July 23 at the Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information please contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or shulerls@people pc.com.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. July 16 and from 9 a.m. to noon July 21. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 16, July 17 and July 21. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• The board of directors of Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. July 20 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 22. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on KY 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment.
• The Dry Ridge Elementary Site Based-Decision Making Council will meet at 12:30 p.m. July 21.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 21 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. July 22 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642)
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. July 20.
• The Bullock Pen Water Board is having its monthly meeting at 1 p.m. July 23.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. July 23.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. July 21 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. July 18 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Grant Manor will host a biscuit and gravy breakfast for anyone age 55 and over from 10 to 11 a.m. July 30. Grant Manor is located on Kimberly Lane in Williamstown.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open July 16, July 21 and July 22 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, July 16
9:30 a.m. Tiny Tales
10 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
4 p.m. Create & Take (Children’s Summer Reading)
• Monday, July 20
6 p.m. (Teen & Adult Summer Reading) Act Like You Own the World – Ever been accused of being overly dramatic? Well, maybe you should take acting lessons. UK theater student Zach Moseley drills you through several acting exercises and gets you into thespian shape. Open to ages 13 and older. Call 824-2080 to sign up.
6 p.m. Photography Contest Judging – Judge Steve Hurley will be on hand to choose one teenage winner and one adult winner. This year’s theme was Express Yourself. Photos were submitted in one of two categories: Express Your World or Express Your Passion. Grand prize for each age group is a GE 8 mp digital camera. Winners must be present to accept their prize.
• Tuesday, July 21
6 p.m. (Children’s Summer Reading) Dance Around the World – Jeanne Speier will demonstrate and teach dances from Indonesia, Africa, and South America. No dance experience necessary.
• Wednesday, July 22
9:30 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. July 22 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. July 17 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. July 20 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 21 at Williamstown Christian Church. Call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Linda Hon at 824-3121 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. July 21 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 17, July 20 and July 22. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Appointments are recommended. Call 824-0940 to make an appointment.