- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. June 15 at the Grant County Extension Office.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 321 will meet at 7:30 p.m. June 11 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon June 11 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. June 11 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. June 11 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. June 11.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet June 12 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. June 13 in Crittenden. Call Robert McDaniel at 428-3803 with questions.
• The Carlsbad Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. June 16. All meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Call Nancy McGee at 991-4540 for the location.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet June 15 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown. The program will be presented by Ron Bryant, an avid contributor to the preservation of Kentucky History, who will speak on “Old Glory.” Dinner is at 6 p.m. and the program begins at 6:45 p.m. followed by a business meeting. The cost is $7.50 for dinner. Call 824-9202 for dinner reservations.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. June 11 and from 9 a.m. to noon June 16. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 11, June 12 and June 16. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown.)
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 17. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 823-1341 for an appointment.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. June 16 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. June 17 at Olde Star Mall (the old Wal-Mart building) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. June 15.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. June 16 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. June 16 in the library’s community room.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. June 18 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. June 16 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. June 13 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. June 16 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open June 11, June 16 and June 17 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Saturday, June 13
11 a.m. Fabulous Kentucky Day Trips – Kentucky author Melissa Jurgensen talks about the sites she visited for her two books, Kentucky’s Covered Bridges and River Towns of Central Kentucky. She will also talk about great features of those locations and why they are worthy of precious weekend time. Don’t miss this chance to learn more about the state and local, cheap “staycations.” Jurgensen will also sell and sign copies of her books. Call 824-2080 to register.
Monday, June 15
6 p.m. Express Your Hoodie (Teen and Adult Summer Reading) – The library has the paint, stencils and other goodies if you’ve got the hoodies. Create your own fashion must-have and Grant County’s newest look. Open to men and women age 13 and older. Call 824-2080 to sign up.
Tuesday, June 16
6 p.m. Bear Foot (Children’s Summer Reading) – Music, comedy, storytelling and crafts. Russ and Barb Childers bring it all. Russ has been making music in the southern Ohio/NK area for more than 35 years. Whether as a banjo player with the Rabbit Hash String Band or fiddle player with the Bear Foot or one-man-band and storyteller, his music defines him. His banjo has won him many state awards and made him a Kentucky Colonel. Call 824-2080 to sign up.
Wednesday, June 17
9:30 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
Thursday, June 18
9:30 a.m. Tiny Tales
10 a.m. Toddler Time
11 a.m. Preschool Time
4 p.m. Create and Take (Children’s Summer Reading)
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. June 17 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. June 12 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. June 13 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Grant County Autism/Special Needs support group invites families to come and share their thoughts and concerns with other families at 6 p.m. June 13 at the Williamstown Christian Church, 318 N. Main St., Williamstown. For more information call Rhonda at 859-824-3026.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. June 15 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. June 16 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• The La Leche League of Grant County meets at 7 p.m. June 16 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. The meeting topic will be “The Family and the Breastfed Baby.” Call group leader Rhonda Schlueter at 824-5179 for more information or for help concerning breastfeeding.