- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon April 9 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. April 9 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. April 9 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet April 9 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. April 11 in Crittenden. Call Robert McDaniel at 428-3803 with questions.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. April 13 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. April 14 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. April 14 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon April 15 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 15 at Noble’s.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. April 13 at the new Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road. The guest speaker will be Granville Griffth from Southgate.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. April 9 and from 9 a.m. to noon April 14. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Unemployed? Now is a great time to achieve your GED!! GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 15 at Olde Star Mall ( the old Wal-Mart building) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 13 in the library at 201 Barnes Rd.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 p.m. April 9 at the Grant County USDA Service Center, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown. (first Thursday of every month)
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 5:30 p.m. April 13.
• The Williamstown City Council caucus will meet at 6 p.m. April 14.
• Are you expecting a baby? Have you had a baby in the last 12 months? Do you sometimes have questions about your pregnancy or little one and wish you had some expert advice? Come ask the experts and share stories with other mommies (and daddies) at the fifth annual Grant County Baby Expo from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 9 at Dry Ridge Elementary. There will be door prizes, snacks, information booths, games and prizes. Free child care is provided for ages 6 and under. For more information, call Joanna Surgener at 647-5533.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. April 11 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. April 14 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open April 9, April 14 and April 15 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available, as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Saturday, April 11
10-11 a.m. Get Your Garden Ready for Spring - Paul Fox, owner and operator of Showplace Gardens in Crittenden, shows you how to get your flower or vegetable garden ready for spring. It may still be cold, but now is the time for planning to get your hands dirty. Door prizes. Call 824-2080 to register.
Monday, April 13 through Sunday, April 19
Fines Amnesty Week – If you have overdue books or movies sitting at home, you may bring them back this week only and we will waive all fines. Items must be in excellent working condition. This does not apply to damaged or lost items.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. April 9.
• The Williamstown Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. April 13 at the board office.
• The Grant County High School SBDM council will meet at 5:30 p.m. April 14 at the Grant County High School library.
• Mason Corinth Elementary site-based decision council meets at 3:30 p.m. April 14.
• Sherman Elementary parent/teacher advisory council meets at 4 p.m. April 14.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. April 15 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. April 10 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. April 11 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Grant County Autism/Special Needs Support group invites families with these children to come and share their thoughts and concerns with other families, just like theirs, at 6 p.m. April 11 at the Williamstown Christian Church, 318 N. Main St., Williamstown. For more information, call Rhonda at 859-824-3026.
• The breast cancer support group, Helping Each Other Too, will meet at 7 p.m. April 13 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call Cathy Ficke at (859) 301-2273 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. April 14 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.