- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Democratic Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. April 23 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Grant County Saddle Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 23 at Dry Ridge Christian Church. New members are welcome. For more information, call James Rayburn at 991-3281 or Lois Shuler at 620-4111.
• The Friends of Sherman Tavern will meet at 7 p.m. April 28 at the Senior Citizens Center in Williamstown. All who are interested in preserving and restoring this historical landmark are invited to attend. A tax deductible can be sent to Friends of Sherman Tavern, 1002 Rogers Road, Crittenden, Ky. 41030. For more information, call 824-9292 or email@example.com.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon April 29 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. April 23 and from 9 a.m. to noon April 28. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 29. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be April 29.
• Unemployed? Now is a great time to achieve your GED!! GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School), Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 28 at Eagle Creek Country Club in Dry Ridge. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 29 at Olde Star Mall (the old Wal-Mart building) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Board of Health will meet at 7:30 a.m. April 24 at the Grant County Health Center, 2345 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. April 27 at the Courthouse.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. April 25 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet at noon April 28 at the Grant County Public Library. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. April 28 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The Grant County High School Agriculture Department Greenhouse will be open from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 6 p.m. starting April 29. They will have a variety of plants for sale, including wave petunias in hanging baskets, a variety of tomatoes, banana peppers, sage, basil, dusty miller, coleus, marigolds and geraniums in a variety of colors. Call Sarah Baker at 824-9739 for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers’ Market will hold a grand opening May 2 at the Williamstown location (next to the old bus garage). Get a head start on gardening needs this year with plant sets. The market opens at 8:30 a.m. with hourly demonstrations beginning at 9 a.m. Contact Debby Lucas Angel at 824-7586, John Halsey at 428-2889 or Chris Ammerman 824-3355 for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open April 23, April 28 and April 29 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Saturday, April 25
Noon-2 p.m. Antique Appraisal with Ron Wells – Ron Wells, appraiser and owner of the Curio Cabinet in Versailles, gives you a verbal appraisal of your antiques. Wells has been in the antiques business for 40 years. Wells will not appraise guns, knives, coins or stamps due to wide variance of worth among appraisers, but everything else is welcomed. Space at this program is limited to 80 people (and only two items per person), so registration is required. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Mason Baptist Church will host a monthly luncheon for senior citizens April 25. Doors open at noon with the meal served at 12:30 p.m. If transportation is needed, call Sheridan Sexton at 824-1307.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. April 23 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. April 24 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. April 25 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. April 28 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 28 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.