- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 7 p.m. March 9 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office in the Dry Ridge Outlet Center.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. March 11 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Democratic Women’s Club will meet at 7 p.m. March 5 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center, located at the rear of the city building.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 9 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. March 10 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 10 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon March 11 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 11 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club will host a town meeting featuring Vince Gabbert, the deputy chief of staff for Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear. Gabbert, son of Rosie and Eddie Gabbert of Williamstown, will be speaking on the state of the Commonwealth and how that impacts Grant County. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. March 12 at Williamstown Baptist Church. Light refreshments will be served. The public, as well as elected officals, are encouraged to attend this meeting.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 9. For information, call Doug Magee at 824-1993 or Stan Flerlage at 824-4882.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon March 5 and March. 10. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Unemployed? Now is a great time to achieve your GED!! GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Rd. (behind Grant County Middle School), from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341.
• Stop Elder Abuse - It is estimated that 84 percent of all elderly abuse cases are never reported. Learn how to protect the elderly and nursing home residents from abuse. The meeting will be at noon March 19 at the Grant County Public Library. Call the Grant County extension office to register at 824-3355.
• The Grant County Library Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 9 in the library at 201 Barnes Rd.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 5:30 p.m. March 9.
• The Williamstown City Council caucus will meet at 6 p.m. March 10.
• St. William Church will sponsor their Lenten Fish Fry every Friday through April 3 from 5 to 8 p.m.
Battered cod dinners will be served. Meals include three sides, cornbread, dessert and drink for $7.50. Call 859-866-5107 for carry-out orders. The church is located at 6 Church Street (U.S. 25 South off Waterworks Road.)
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. March 7 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. March 10 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open March 5, March 10 and March 11 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, March 5
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Saturday, March 7
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Game Day at the Library - Join others for Xbox, Wii or PlayStation games at the library, especially Gears of War 2. If you’ve got a console and a game, we’ve got the place for you. This event is free and open to boys and girls ages 15-25. Participants must provide their own lunch. The library provides an Xbox 360 console and TV, but other systems and controllers are needed. No registration required.
Wednesday, March 11
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
Thursday, March 12
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop - Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
• The Grant County High School SBDM council will meet at 5:30 p.m. March 10 at the Grant County High School library.
• Mason Corinth Elementary site-based decision council meets at 3:30 p.m. March 10.
• Sherman Elementary parent/teacher advisory council meets at 4 p.m. March 10.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. March 11 in the former Crittenden city building on U. S. 25.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. March 5 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• An Alzheimer’s support group is getting together to discuss the emotional impact that this disease has on everyone it touches. If you need to talk to someone, or just want to hear what someone else has gone through, please come. The meeting is at 7 p.m. March 5 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 859-823-0661 or Debbie at 859-824-6681 for questions.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. March 6 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. March 7 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. March 10 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.