- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon March 25 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 25 at Noble’s.
• The Kentucky League of Property Owners will meet at 7 p.m. March 25 at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• The Eagle Creek Gobblers of the National Wild Turkey Federation will host the 11th Annual Hunting Heritage Banquet at Williamstown High School at 5:30 p.m. March 28. Steak dinner will be held at 7 p.m. Families and new members are invited to attend. A raffle/auction will be held to promote local conservation and outdoor recreation activities for children and the disabled. Scholarship information will be available. Tickets cost between $5 and $45. For more information or to make reservations, contact Gregg Stith, chapter president, at (859) 743-3563.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. March 19 and from 9 a.m. to noon March 24. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 25. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be March 25.
• Unemployed? Now is a great time to achieve your GED!! GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School), from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341. The center will be closed from March 16 through March 19 for spring break.
• A yoga class is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. March 25 at Olde Star Mall (the old Wal-Mart building) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. March 19 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. March 21 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. March 23 in the library’s community room.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. March 23.
• St. William Church will sponsor their Lenten Fish Fry every Friday through April 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. Battered cod dinners will be served. Meals include three sides, cornbread, dessert and drink for $7.50. Call 859-866-5107 for carry-out orders. The church is located at 6 Church Street (U.S. 25 South off Waterworks Road.)
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. March 21 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet at noon March 24 at the Grant County Public Library. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. March 24 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy will distribute prescriptions from 9 a.m. to noon March 25 at the Grant County Community Action Center office in Williamstown. For more information about the program, call 824-4768.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open March 19, March 24 and March 25 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, March 19
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Noon-1 p.m. Stop Elder Abuse – It is estimated that 84 percent of all elderly abuse cases are never reported. Patty Poor of the Grant County Extension Office teaches you how to protect the elderly and nursing home residents from abuse. Call the Grant County Extension Office to register at 824-3355. The class will be held at the library.
Saturday, March 21
10 a.m.-noon Learn to Sew – Want to learn to sew but not sure where to start? Come learn the basic stitches and get comfortable with a sewing machine by making this purse project. Participants supply their own material. The library supplies sewing machines and thread. Call 824-2080 to register and pick up a copy of the pattern with necessary fabric dimensions.
1-3 p.m. Incorporating Solar Panels for Home Energy – Andy McDonald of the non-profit Kentucky Solar Partnership talks about how to incorporate photovoltaic solar panels to utilize solar energy to fuel a home or business. Come see how photovoltaics work, are installed on new or existing roofs, and learn what state and federal tax credits are available to help offset the cost. Call 824-2080 to register.
Wednesday, March 25
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft Access - Learn the basics of this database program such as creating data tables and linking them together in order to run queries and produce reports for your office or business. Call 824-2080 to register.
Thursday, March 26
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch and Scoop - Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
• The Williamstown Elementary School site-based decision-making council will meet at 4:30 to 6 p.m. March 19.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. March 25 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. March 21 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. March 24 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 23 and March 25. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.