- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. March 16 at Williamstown Baptist Church.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 321 will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 12 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. March 14 in Crittenden. Call Robert McDaniel at 428-3803 with questions.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon March 12 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club will host a town meeting featuring Vince Gabbert, the deputy chief of staff for Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. March 12 at Williamstown Baptist Church.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 12 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 12.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet March 13 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Carlsbad Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 17. All meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Call Nancy McGee at 991-4540 for the location.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. March 16 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. March 16 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 8 p.m. March 12 and from 9 a.m. to noon March 17. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 18. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341. The center will be closed from March 16 through March 19 for spring break.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 12 at the Grant County USDA Service Center, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. March 17 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. March 17 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. March 16.
• St. William Church will sponsor their Lenten Fish Fry every Friday through April 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. Battered cod dinners will be served. Meals include three sides, cornbread, dessert and drink for $7.50. Call 859-866-5107 for carry-out orders.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. March 14 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. March 17 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open March 12, March 17 and March 18 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Friday, March 13
9-11 a.m. FREE Blood Pressure and Glucose Testing
Saturday, March 14
10 a.m.-noon Jump Start Your Garden with a Compost Pile – Master Gardener John Duke. Call 824-2080 to register.
Tuesday, March 17
6:30 p.m. St. Patty’s Day Party and Limerick Contest! – Come celebrate everything Irish at the library! All limerick submissions must be turned in by Monday, March 16.
Wednesday, March 18
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
6-7 p.m. Introduction to the Internet - Call 824-2080 to register.
Thursday, March 19
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Noon-1 p.m. Stop Elder Abuse – Call the Grant County Extension Office to register at 824-3355. The class will be held at the library.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. March 12.
• The Dry Ridge elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. March 17.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. March 18 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. March 13 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. March 14 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Grant County Autism/Special Needs Support group invites families with these children to come at 6 p.m. March 14 at the Williamstown Christian Church. For more information call Rhonda at 859-824-3026.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. March 17 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 9:30 a.m. March 16 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• The La Leche League of Grant County meets at 7 p.m. March 17 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. The meeting topic will be “Art of Breastfeeding and Overcoming Difficulties.” Call group leader Rhonda Schlueter at 824-5179 for more information or for help concerning breastfeeding.