- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 301 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6 in Crittenden. Call Jerry Keith at 859-393-5169 for more information.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Feb. 10 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Feb. 6 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Evening hours are 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursdays. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) in Dry Ridge. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Appointments are required. New online studies are available. Call 859-823-1341 for an appointment or more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers Market members will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 in the meeting room of the Grant County Extension Office on Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown. To be a member, you must attend at least one meeting (meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of month Jan. – May) and pay dues of $50. For more information call Debby Lucas Angel at 859-824-7586 or John Halsey at 859-428-2889.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 8.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 4.
• The Williamstown Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 at the board office.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the Grant County USDA Service Center, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Tourism Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 in the tourism office inside the Grant County Chamber of Commerce office in Williamstown.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Feb. 10 in the district office in Crittenden.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Feb. 9 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Saturday, Feb. 6
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Game Day at the Library – Join others for Xbox, Wii or PlayStation games at the library. This event is free and open to those age 15-25. No registration required.
• Monday, Feb. 8
10 a.m.-noon Healthy Monday Indoor Fitness Walking – Get your heart pumping by stepping in place to an indoor walking DVD. No registration required.
Noon- 2 p.m. Healthy Monday Basic Yoga – Dress comfortably and bring your water bottle and yoga mat. Learn to stretch and tone your body with an easy, basic yoga DVD. No registration required.
2-4 p.m. Healthy Monday Wii Sports – Drop in the community room to play either baseball, tennis, bowling, golf or boxing. Open to all ages. No registration required.
All Day Make a Valentine Card – This fun activity is a favorite for adults and kids. All supplies provided. No registration required.
• Tuesday, Feb. 9
12:30-4:30 p.m. Diabetes Workshop – The Northern Kentucky Health Dept. will cover what diabetes is, medication, nutrition and complications. Attend both classes and get a goodie bag with tools to help you along the way. No registration required.
• Wednesday, Feb. 10
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
6-7 p.m. Intro to the Internet - We’ll show you how to open a Web browser, type in a website address, and use search engines like Google to find the information you want.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Feb. 4.
• Sherman Elementary SBDM council meets at 5 p.m. Feb. 4.
• The Grant County High School SBDM council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Grant County High School library.
• Mason Corinth Elementary SBDM council meets at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 9.
• DRE’s Family Resource Center will hold family reading night from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 8.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 10 in the former Crittenden city building on U. S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• A field representative of the Social Security Administration will be at the Grant County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 10. For more information, call the Fort Mitchell office at (859) 282-7324 or 1-800-772-1213.
• An Alzheimer’s support group, a local affiliate of the Alzheimer’s Association, will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 4 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 859-835-4210 or Debbie at 824-6681 for more information.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 5 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call Faye Dungan at 823-1681 for more information
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 9 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at Williamstown Christian Church. Weigh in begins at 5:45 p.m. For more information, call Verla Patton at 903-9126 or Lynn Hon at 466-7789.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Feb. 6 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 428-2793 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.