- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Corinth Women’s Club will meet at 6 p.m. March 3 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon March 4 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 4 at Noble’s.
• The Friends of Sherman Tavern will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 at the senior citizens center in Williamstown. All who are interested in preserving and restoring this historical landmark are invited to attend. A tax deductible can be sent to Friends of Sherman Tavern, 1002 Rogers Road, Crittenden, Ky. 41030. For more information, call 824-9292 or email@example.com.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 26 and March 3. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Unemployed? Now is a great time to achieve your GED!! GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday. Call for more information and appointments at 823-1341.
• Stop Elder Abuse - It is estimated that 84 percent of all elderly abuse cases are never reported. Learn how to protect the elderly and nursing home residents from abuse. The meeting will be at noon March 19 at the Grant County Public Library. Call the Grant County extension office to register at 824-3355.
• Corinth City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. March 2.
• Dry Ridge City Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. March 2.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. March 2.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. March 2.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. March 3.
• The Williamstown Lake Expansion Committee will meet at 7 p.m. March 3 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Grant County Farmers Market will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Farm Bureau Office meeting room on Helton Road. To be a member of the market, you must attend at least one meeting and pay the $50 member dues. This is your chance to do something different in 2009. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Debby Lucas Angel at 824-7586, John Halsey at 428-2889 or Chris Ammerman at 824-3355.
• St. William Church will sponsor their Lenten Fish Fry every Friday beginning Feb. 27 through April 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. Battered cod dinners will be served. Meals include three sides, cornbread, dessert and drink for $7.50. Call 859-866-5107 for carry-out orders. The church is located at 6 Church Street ( U.S. 25 South off Waterworks Road.)
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. March 3 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Feb. 26, March 3 and March 4 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Grant Manor will hold dementia training for all staff. The next session will be at 2:30 p.m. March 4. The topic will be communication with Beverly Jensen, Alzheimer’s Association.
Thursday, Feb. 26
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop - Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
Monday, March 2
6 p.m. My Name’s James – Don’t miss this final session of our History series. Professional storyteller and Owen County resident Bill Watson inhabits the story of a 90-year-old Confederate veteran who shares his memories of the Civil War. Watson appears in the full dress of his character. Call 824-2080 to register.
Wednesday, March 4
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
6-7 p.m. Computer Basics - Learn how to use a mouse, open and close programs, save, copy, move and delete computer files using the library’s laptop computers. No computer experience necessary. Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
Thursday, March 5
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
• Crittenden Mount-Zion SBDM will meet at 4 p.m. March 2.
• Grant County Middle School SBDM will be at 3:30 p.m. March 3.
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School site-based decision-making council meets at 4 p.m. March 3 in room 33.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. March 4 in former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. March 3 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 3 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. on March 5 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• An Alzheimer’s support group is getting together to discuss the emotional impact that this disease has on everyone it touches. If you need to talk to someone, or just want to hear what someone else has gone through, please come. The meeting is at 7 p.m. March 5 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 823-0661 or Debbie at 824-6681 for questions.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. March 2 at The Little Shrimp in Dry Ridge.