- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Saddle Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 19 at Dry Ridge Christian Church. All will gather in the meeting room on the second floor. Call President Lois Shuler at 824-0738 with any questions.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Feb. 25 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at Noble’s.
• The Kentucky League of Property Owners will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 19 and Feb. 24. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 25. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be Feb. 25.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• Everyday Spanish Class being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn.The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $40. Session four is Feb. 25. To register for class, contact Jill Marksberry with Community Education at 824-2871.
• The China Closet – A basic Guide to Antique and Vintage Glassware
One of the most popular hobbies today is the collection of glasses. The history of glassware, terminology, type and market trends are some of the topics that will be discussed. A checklist for the care and display of glassware, along with opportunities for further study of glassware, will be provided. This class will be held at 1 p.m. Feb. 24 at the Grant County Public Library. Space is limited, call the extension office at 824-3355 to register.
• The Grant County 109 Solid Waste Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 21 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 23 in the library’s community room.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 23.
• There will be a Special Olympics of Grant County community meeting and sports signup for the spring season from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 19 at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 3515 Dixie Highway, in Dry Ridge.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Feb. 21 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet at noon Feb. 24 at the Grant County Public Library. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Feb. 24 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Feb. 19, Feb. 24 and Feb. 25 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, Feb. 19
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Friday, Feb. 21
1 p.m. Fancy Nancy Party – For Fancy girls ages 2 years and up. Wear your “fancy” clothes and get ready for a soiree!! That’s French for party and everything is fancier in French. Fancy makeovers, fancy food and fancy activities. Call 824-2080 to register.
Monday, Feb. 23
6-7 p.m. My Brother’s Keeper – Professional storyteller Bonnie Strassell portrays real-life Jennie Collins who joined the Confederate army after her brother was killed at Shiloh. Call 824-2080 to register.
Tuesday, Feb. 24
1-2 p.m. The China Closet: a guide to antique & vintage glassware – One of the most popular hobbies today is the collection of glasses. The history of glassware, terminology, type, and market trends are some of the topics that will be discussed. A checklist for the care and display of glassware along with opportunities for further study of glassware will be provided. This class will be presented by Patty Poor of the Grant County extension office. Call 824-3355 to register.
Wednesday, Feb. 25
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft PowerPoint - This presentation software is better than ever now that it’s upgraded to the Office 2007 version. Learn how to make professional and smart-looking presentations for school or work and use the new features available in PowerPoint 2007. Call 824-2080 to register.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 25 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Feb. 21 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 24 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 20 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.