- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Feb. 16 at Williamstown Baptist Church.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon Feb. 12 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 12 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 321 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet Feb. 13 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14 in Crittenden. Call Robert McDaniel at 428-3803 with questions.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Feb. 18 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. Feb. 16 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 12 and Feb. 17. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 16 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 18. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• An Everyday Spanish Class is being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn.The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $40. Session four begins on Feb. 18. To register for class, contact Jill Marksberry with Community Education at 824-2871.
• The China Closet – A basic guide to Antique and Vintage Glassware
One of the most popular hobbies today is the collection of glasses. The history of glassware, terminology, type , and market trends are some of the topics that will be discussed. A checklist for the care and display of glassware along with opportunities for further study of glassware will be provided. This class will be held at 1 p.m. Feb. 24 at the Grant County Public Library. Space is limited so please call the extension office at 859-824-3355 to register.
• The Grant County Tourism will have a special meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 12 at the tourism office.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Feb. 17 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Feb. 17 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 16.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Feb. 14 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Feb. 17 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Feb. 12, Feb. 17 and Feb. 18 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, Feb. 12
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop - Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
Friday, Feb. 13
All Day Make Your Own Valentine – Drop by the library to create a special valentine for the one you love. This fun activity is a favorite for adults and kids. All supplies are provided. No registration required.
Wednesday, Feb. 18
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler’s Tales
6-7 p.m. Introduction to the Internet - Learn how to log on to the Internet using the library’s new laptop computers. Explore the basics of what is the Internet, how to visit popular websites such as news channels and shopping meccas, and how to keep your personal information private from would-be identity thieves. Bring a flash/USB/travel drive if you need to download a free firewall or anti-spyware program after class. Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
Thursday, Feb. 19
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
• The Dry Ridge elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Feb. 17.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 18 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 13 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Feb. 14 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Grant County Autism/Special Needs Support group invites families with these children to come and share their thoughts and concerns with other families, just like theirs, at 6 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Williamstown Christian Church, 318 N. Main St., Williamstown. For more information, call Rhonda at 859-824-3026.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 16 at the Crittenden Baptist Association in Williamstown.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Feb. 17 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.