- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 28 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Dec. 30 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Dec. 26 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Friends of the Grant County Animal Shelter will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 30 at Dry Ridge Christian Church. Friends of the Shelter plan fundraising and adoption events for the shelter.
• Helping Hands will be closed on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, but in the case of an emergency call 428-2554. Helping Hands will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 29 and Jan. 5. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families. For more information call 823-0286.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store will be closed on Dec. 24. The Thrift Store will be 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 26 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 28, Dec. 29 and Dec. 31. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 30. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• The Grant County Adult Education program will be hosting a week of “Prove Yourself and New Student Orientations” on Jan. 4, 5 and 6. New students should arrive at 9 a.m. each day. No appointment is necessary. Prove yourself testers should arrive at 10:30 a.m. No appointment is necessary. The GCAE is located at 315 School Road in Dry Ridge, behind Grant County Middle School. The center is closed through Jan. 1. For more information about earning a GED or testing, call 823-1341.
• A yoga class is set for 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Jan. 5 at Olde Star Mall in Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Jan. 12 at Olde Star Mall in Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 6 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Dry Ridge City Council will have a special meeting at 6 p.m. Dec. 28.
• The Grant County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) will meet at 2 p.m. Jan. 14 at the Grant County Public Library in Williamstown.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 29 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Dec. 29 and 30 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 31 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information call 428-0252.
• The Dry Ridge Elementary Site Based Decision-Making Council will meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 30. Agenda items include preparing the SBDM report for the board and final revisions to CSIP.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 29 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 29 at Williamstown Christian Church. Weigh in begins at 5:45 p.m. For more information, call Verla Patton at 903-9126 or Lynn Hon at 466-7789.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Dec. 26 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 28 and 30. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.