- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Angel Food pickup is 9 to 10:30 a.m. Dec. 19 at Grant County High School.
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 28 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 21 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon on Dec. 22 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Mandy Green at 824-4488 for more information.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Dec. 23 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Saddle club will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information, contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 17 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 21. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 17, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 19 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 21 and Dec. 22. Donations are accepted. For more information, call 823-1327. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 23. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 in the library’s community room.
• The Falmouth Farm Service Agency, which provides assistance to landowners in Grant and Pendleton counties, will hold a county committee meeting at 9 a.m. Dec. 17. For more information call 859-654-3374.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 21
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 19 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 22 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Dec. 17, Dec. 22 and Dec. 23 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Faith Pharmacy (formerly St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy) will distribute prescriptions from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Dec. 22 at the Grant County Community Action Center office in Williamstown. For more information about the program, call 824-4768.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 17 in the former Crittenden city building on U. S. 25. For more information call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call Faye Dungan at 823-1681 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 22 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 22 at Williamstown Christian Church. Weigh in begins at 5:45 p.m. For more information, call Verla Patton at 903-9126 or Lynn Hon at 466-7789.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Dec. 19 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 21 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 18, Dec. 21 and Dec. 23. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.