- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon Dec. 11 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Debbie Stone at 824-7259 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 11.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet Dec. 12 at Rolling Hills Restaurant in Williamstown. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. If you own a motorcycle or wish you did, be sure to come. Owners of all makes and models are welcome. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Carlsbad Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 16. All meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Call Nancy McGee at 991-4540 for the location.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Dec. 17 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at Noble’s.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 15 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 11 and Dec. 16. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• The Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) will be closed from Dec. 11 through Jan. 4 for the holidays, and will re-open Jan. 5 at 9 a.m. Hours starting Jan. 5 will be Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• Operation Imagination Christmas Program, a free program sponsored by Grant County Community Education, will be offered to children ages 1 through 4 and parents from 6 to 7 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Grant County Board of Education. The evening program will consist of a story, singing and craft based on the evenings theme. If interested in attending, contact Jill Marksberry at 824-2871 to reserve a spot. Space is limited.
• Everyday Spanish Class being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn.The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $40. Session five begins Dec. 16. To register for class, contact Jill Marksberry with Community Education at 824-2871
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Dec. 16 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Dec. 16 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 15.
• Grant County High School will host “Financial Aid 101” at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 11 in the high school auditorium. Learn basic information about financial aid for college. Different types of financial aid, how to apply and what is the FASFA. Open to all parents and junior and senior students from Grant County High School and Williamstown High School.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Dec. 13 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 16 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Dec. 11, Dec. 16 and Dec. 17 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, Dec. 11
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Monday, Dec. 15
6-7 p.m. Christmas at the Library - Families may join Children’s Librarian Cheryl Clemons for Christmas stories and songs or have a comfortable seat in the main part of the library for a moving musical performance by Ann and Bill Stanchina. No registration required.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 11.
• The Youth Service Center MVParents will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 16 at the Youth Service Center behind Grant County Middle School.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 17 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 12 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Dec. 13 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Grant County Autism/Special Needs support group invites families with these children to come and share their thoughts and concerns with other families, just like theirs, at 6 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Williamstown Christian Church, 318 N. Main St., Williamstown. For more information call Rhonda at 859-824-3026.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 16 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The La Leche League of Grant County meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. The meeting topic will be “Nutrition and Weaning.” Call group leader Rhonda Schlueter at 824-5179 for more information or for help concerning breastfeeding.