- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Nov. 26 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at Noble’s.
• The Grant County Saddle Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20 at Dry Ridge Christian Church. All will gather in the meeting room on the second floor. Call President Lois Shuler at 824-0738 with any questions.
• The Kentucky League of Property Owners will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 25 at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon on Nov. 20 and Nov. 25. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 26. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be Nov. 26.
GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). The center is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 3 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Call 823-1341 for an appointment or for more information.
• Everyday Spanish Class being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn.The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $40. Session two begins on Nov. 25. To register for class, contact Jill Marksberry with Community Education at 824-2871.
The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. Nov. 20 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 24 in the library’s community room.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 24.
• The Williamstown High School Girls Fast Pitch Softball Team is selling poinsettias now through Dec. 3. All poinsettia are in a 6-inch foil wrapped pot. They have five colors to choose from, red, white, pink, marble and monet. They also have 10-inch terracotta pots available with three red poinsettias in it. The 6-inch pots are $12 and the 10-inch terracotta pot is $25. To place an order, contact Coach T.J. West at 824-4421 or Meleasa Sherman at 824-7144 or 824-6460.
• “Dive Into Reading” is from 8:15 to 8:40 a.m. on Nov. 20 at Grant County Middle School. Refreshments will be in the library from 8 to 9 a.m. Call Bobbie Jo Pelfrey at 824-7161, extention 383, to reserve your spot.
• Dry Ridge Elementary School’s Relay for Life Team will hold its semi-annual quarter action at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 21 at the JMB Center in Dry Ridge. Doors will open at 5:45 p.m. to preview items and find a seat. Admission is 25 cents. Concession will be available. Plan to attend this event which helps raise money to fight cancer.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. on Nov. 22 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet at noon Nov. 25 at the Grant County Public Library. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Nov. 25 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Nov. 20, Nov. 25 and Nov. 26 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, Nov. 20
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft Publisher - This class teaches the basics of this desktop publishing program used to create calendars, fliers, and brochures. Call 824-2080 to register.
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop – Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages – beginners welcomed. No registration required.
Wednesday, Nov. 26
9:30-10 a.m. Traveler Tales
• Youth Service Center Peer Mediation meeting will be from 3 to 4 p.m. on Nov. 25.
• Youth Service Center MVParents will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 25 at the Youth Service Center behind Grant County Middle School.
• Mason Baptist Church will host a monthly luncheon for senior citizens on Nov. 22. Doors open at noon with the meal served at 12:30 p.m. If transportation is needed, call Sheridan Sexton at 824-1307.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 26 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. Nov. 20 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 21 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Nov. 22 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 25 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 25 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.