- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 301 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7 in Crittenden. Call Jerry Keith at 859-393-5169 for more information.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 9 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Nov. 11 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Grant County extension building located at 105 Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Nov. 7 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 5 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 5, Nov. 9 and Nov. 10. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). The center is open 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The center is closed on Friday. Call 823-1341 for an appointment. Appointments are necessary.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class continues through Dec. 8 and includes walking, yoga and other activities. Information on eating healthy and weight loss are included. The class fee is $10. Call 824-3355 for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Nov. 10 at Olde Star Mall in Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 11 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will hold a caucus (discussion) meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 9.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 5.
• The Williamstown Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at the board office.
• The Grant County Library Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 9 in the library at 201 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at the Grant County USDA Service Center, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Tourism Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 11 in the tourism office inside the Grant County Chamber of Commerce office in Williamstown.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Nov. 10 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Nov. 5, Nov. 10 and Nov. 11 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, November 5
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Saturday, November 7
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Game Day @ the Library - Join others for Xbox and PlayStation games at the library. This event is free and open to ages 15-25.
• Sunday, November 8
1:30-3:30 p.m. Native American Mythology – The Drake Planetarium of Cincinnati brings its inflatable planetarium inside the library. Watch the “night” sky change as instructors point out constellations related to Native American origin stories. Only 25 lucky people can fit inside this special bubble so call to reserve your free seat. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Tuesday, November 10
10-11 a.m. Changes in Medicare – Are you new to Medicare or just wondering what is in store for the New Year? Legal Aid of the Bluegrass stops by to inform you of what you need to know. Coffee and cookies will be served. Call 824-2080 to register.
11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mammography Van – The St. Elizabeth Mobile Mammography Van will bill Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance. Financial assistance is available to help cover the deductible cost. Call 655-7400 to schedule an appointment.
Noon-2 p.m. – Professionals from Grant Manor in Williamstown will provide free blood pressure and pulse checks in the library community room. Test results are provided immediately. No registration required.
• Wednesday, November 11
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
6-7 p.m. Intro to the Internet
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Nov. 5.
• Mason Corinth Elementary site-based decision council meets at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 10.
• Sherman Elementary SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Nov. 5.
• DRE’s Family Resource Center will hold family reading night from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 5 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• A field representative of the Social Security Administration will be at the Grant County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 11. For more information, call the Fort Mitchell office at (859) 282-7324 or 1-800-772-1213.
• An Alzheimer’s support group, a local affiliate of the Alzheimer’s Association, will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 5 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 859-835-4210 or Debbie at 824-6681 for more information.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 6 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 10 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 10 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Nov. 7 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 6, Nov. 9 and Nov. 11. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.