- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 23 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Saddle club will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information please contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Nov. 25 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon on Nov. 24 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Mandy Green at 824-4488 for more information.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Nov. 21 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 19 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 24. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 19, Nov. 23 and Nov. 24. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 25. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Nov. 19. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet from noon to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Grant County Extension Office for a meet and eat. Bring your lunch. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) in Dry Ridge. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Appointments are required. New online studies are available. Call 859-823-1341 for an appointment or more information.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class continues through Dec. 8 and includes walking, yoga and other activities. Information on eating healthy and weight loss are included. The class fee is $10. Call 824-3355 for more information.
• A FFLAG (Fitness For Life Around Grant County) meeting will be at 4 p.m. Nov. 19 at Performance Pipe in Williamstown. Plans will begin for the Biggest Winner Event in April. Call 859-824-3355 if you are interested in being a part of this group.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. Nov. 19 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 21 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 in the library’s community room.
• Angel Food ministries pick up will be at Grant County High School from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Nov. 21.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Nov. 24 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. The early 18th century structure was the home of the founder of Williamstown. It is furnishes with early American furniture and artifacts. Members of the Grant County Historical Society serve as hosts and guides. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Nov. 19, Nov. 24 and Nov. 25 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Faith Pharmacy (formerly St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy) will distribute prescriptions from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Nov. 24 at the Grant County Community Action Center office in Williamstown. For more information about the program, call 824-4768.
• Thursday, November 19
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Saturday, November 21
1 p.m. Fall Movie – A riveting account of the space capsule nightmare during 1970. Three astronauts are stuck in a damaged capsule while mission control tries to figure out how to bring them home. Rated PG. Call the library at 824-2080 for title.
• Friday, November 27
All Day Puzzle and Game Day – Come in any time this day and the library will have board games and puzzles on tables for you to play. Not sure what to do with your extra day off, try a mind-teasing board game. No registration required.
• CMZ PTT meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 19
• GCMS PTT meets from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 19.
• SES PTT meets at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 19.
• DRE PTT meets at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 19.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 19 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. The group will be taking a day trip. For more information call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 20 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 24 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 24 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Nov. 21 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Nov. 23 and Nov. 25. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.