- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Grant County Industrial Development Authority will meet at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Chamber of Commerce in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Oct. 14 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Woman’s Club will meet Oct. 8. Call Lila McDaniel at 824-4417 for more information.
• The Gold Wing Road Riders Chapter N will meet Oct. 9 at Vanessa’s in Dry Ridge. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m.. Call 824-5234 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Oct. 10 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 12 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Farm Bureau Federation will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 13 at the Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Road in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 8 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 13. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 8, Oct. 12 and Oct. 13. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class continues through Dec. 8 and includes walking, yoga and other activities. Information on eating healthy and weight loss are included. The class fee is $10. Call 824-3355 for more information.
• The Grant County Farmers Market will be having an End of Season Sale on Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 at the Williamstown (by Eagle Creek Learning Center) and Crittenden (by Whippy Dip) locations and at the Second Sunday Day of Play on Arnie Risen Boulevard (in front of Grant County Middle School) on Oct. 11. There will be produce, as well as canned and baked goods, honey, pumpkins and gourds and other fall decorations, for sale.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will hold a caucus (discussion) meeting at 7 p.m. Oct. 12.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 13 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Oct. 8, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, October 8
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Saturday, October 10
1 p.m. Fall Movie – This movie features a group of famous young actors who are accidentally launched into space during a test of the space shuttle. Call the library at 824-2080 for the title of the movie.
• Sunday, October 11
1-5 p.m. Book Sale
• Tuesday, October 13
6-8 p.m. Put on Your Dancing Shoes – Covington’s Step ‘n Out studio teachers Terry and Kandy Thompson-Cannon show you how to dance the dance that roared out of Harlem in the 1920s. Call 824-2080 to register.
6 – 8 p.m. Red Cross Orientation – Interested in joining an organization crucial to public crisis? Call Diana Morgan at 824-5362 to register.
• Wednesday, October 14
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
4-7 p.m. Flu Clinic – Have you gotten your flu shot yet? Not the swine flu – the regular flu. If not, now is your chance. The Northern Kentucky Health Department will administer shots to all ages. Cost is $25 per vaccination and the health department will only bill Medicare and Medicaid.
• The Republican Party of Grant County will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 13 at the Williamstown City Building.
• Mason Corinth Elementary site-based decision council meets at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 13.
• DRE’s Family Resource Center will hold family reading night from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 12.
• Crittenden-Mount Zion Elementary will hold a fall carnival from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 16. There will be games, prizes and food.
• The PTT at Sherman Elementary is planning a Spooktacular from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 16. There will be a haunted truck and lots of treats.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Oct. 8 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information, call 428-0252.
• A field representative of the Social Security Administration will be at the Grant County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 14. For more information, call the Fort Mitchell office at (859) 282-7324 or 1-800-772-1213.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Oc., 9 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• The breast cancer support group, Helping Each Other Too, will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 12 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Enjoy snacks, sharing and a guest speaker. Call Cathy Ficke at (859) 301-2273 for more information
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 13 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 13 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 9, Oct. 12 and Oct. 14. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.