- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Band Boosters will meet from 7 to 8 p.m. Oct. 20 in the GCHS band room. For more information, call Jeff Shelton at 859-391-8555.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Oct. 19 at the Grant County Extension Office on Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Oct. 21 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lady Lions meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 21 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Oct. 17 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet Oct. 19 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown. Dinner is at 6 p.m. and the program begins at 6:45 p.m. followed by a business meeting. The cost is $7.50 for dinner. Call 824-9202 for dinner reservations.
• The Carlsbad Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 20. All meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Call Nancy McGee at 991-4540 for the location.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 15 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 20. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 15, Oct. 19 and Oct. 20. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Oct. 15. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 21. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on KY 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). The next orientation for new students will be at 1 p.m. Oct. 26. Students must be 16 years old or older, have an official withdrawal form from their school or home school and a government issued picture ID. Call 823-1341 for more information.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information, call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class continues through Dec. 8 and includes walking, yoga and other activities. Information on eating healthy and weight loss are included. The class fee is $10. Call 824-3355 for more information.
• Julia’s Rhythm and Dance in Williamstown (located behind Grant County Deposit Bank) will offer Zumba, a Latin inspired dance-aerobic exercise class, at 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. beginning Oct. 5. Class is $12 per class or $10 with a student enrolled in Julia’s studio. No previous dance experience required. Call 859-496-0585 for details.
• The Falmouth Farm Service Agency, which provides assistance to landowners in Grant and Pendleton counties, will hold a county committee meeting at 9 a.m. Oct. 15. For more information, call 859-654-3374.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. Oct. 15 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 17 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 19.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 20 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. The early 18th century structure was the home of the founder of Williamstown. It is furnishes with early American furniture and artifacts. Members of the Grant County Historical Society serve as hosts and guides. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Oct. 15, Oct. 20 and Oct. 21 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, October 15
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• Saturday, October 17
1 p.m. Fall Movie – This heartwarming movie features a stranded alien and a team of children determined to help him find his way home. Call the library at 824-2080 for the title of the movie.
• Tuesday, October 20
6-7 p.m. The “Jazz Bird” Book Discussion – One Book, One Community. Enjoy a sandwich dinner with others who have read “The Jazz Bird”. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Wednesday, October 21
9:30-10 a.m. Toddler Time
6-7 p.m. Intro to the Internet - Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Thursday, October 22
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Preschool Time
• The Dry Ridge elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Oct. 20.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m Oct. 21 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. for a potluck meal. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Oct. 16 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 20 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Oct. 17 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 19 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• The La Leche League of Grant County meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 20 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. Call Rhonda Schlueter, group leader, at 824-5179 for more information or for help concerning breastfeeding.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Oct. 19 and Oct. 21. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.