- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Order of the Eastern Star No. 301 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1 at Masonic Lodge No. 85 in Williamstown.
• The Crittenden/Dry Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 694 meets at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 3 in Crittenden. Call Jerry Keith at 859-393-5169 for more information.
• The Corinth Women’s Club will meet at 6 p.m. Oct. 6 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Grant County Woman’s Club will meet Oct. 8. Call Lila McDaniel at 824-4417 for more information.
• The Williamstown Women’s Club, GFWC/Kentucky, will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Dry Ridge Christian Church. All women are invited to attend. Call Shelba Gillespie at 859-824-4876 for questions.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Oct. 3 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 1 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 6. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 1, Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). The center is open 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The center is closed on Friday. Call 823-1341 for an appointment. Appointments are necessary.
• A Christian-based home school co-op meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays at Sherman Full Gospel Church. New families are welcome. Core classes and electives are taught. For more information call Anita Barrett at 824-1411.
• The Grant County Extension Office is offering a “Living Well” class at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays. The class continues through Dec. 8 and includes walking, yoga and other activities. Information on eating healthy and weight loss are included. The class fee is $10. Call 824-3355 for more information.
• Julia’s Rhythm and Dance in Williamstown (located behind Grant County Deposit Bank) will offer a Zumba, a Latin inspired dance-aerobic exercise class, at 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. beginning Oct. 5. Class is $12 per class or $10 with a student enrolled in Julia’s studio. No previous dance experience required. Call 859-496-0585 for details.
• A yoga class is set for 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Oct. 6 at Olde Star Mall in Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 7 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 1.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 5.
• Corinth City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 5
• Dry Ridge City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 5.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 5.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 6 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• The William Arnold Log House, located on South Main in Williamstown, is open to visitors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays and also by appointment. The early 18th century structure was the home of the founder of Williamstown. It is furnishes with early American furniture and artifacts. Members of the Grant County Historical Society serve as hosts and guides. Admission is free. Call 824-9202 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Oct. 3, Oct. 8 and Oct. 9 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Thursday, Oct. 1
9:30 - 10 a.m. - Tiny Tales
10:30 - 11:30 a.m. - Preschool Time
• Saturday, Oct. 3
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Game Day @ the library. No registration is required.
• Tuesday, Oct. 6
6 to 8 p.m. - Put on your dancing shoes. You’ve watched the Lindy Hop performed on Dancing With The Stars. Now you can judge at home by learning the steps too. Covington’s Step ‘n Out Studio teachers Terry and Kandy Thompson-Cannon shows you how to dance the dance that roared out of Harlem in the 1920s. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Wednesday, Oct. 7
9:30 to 10 a.m. Toddler Time
6 to 7 p.m. - Computer programming. No computer experience necessary. Call 824-2080 to register.
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Oct. 1.
• Sherman Elementary SBDM council meets at 4 p.m. Oct. 1.
• Crittenden Mount-Zion SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Oct. 5.
• Grant County Middle School SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Oct. 6.
• The Williamstown Elementary School SBDM council will meet at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 6.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Oct. 1 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. For more information call 428-0252.
• An Alzheimer’s support group, a local affiliate of the Alzheimer’s Association, will meet at 7 p.m. Oct. 1 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call Brenda at 859-835-4210 or Debbie at 824-6681 for more information.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Oct. 2 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 6 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 6 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Oct. 3 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 5 at the Little Shrimp Restaurant in Dry Ridge.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 2, Oct. 5 and Oct. 7. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.