- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Democratic Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Jan. 28 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at Noble’s.
• The Kentucky League of Property Owners will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Building, 486 Helton Street in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 22 and Jan. 27. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 28. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be Jan. 28.
• An Everyday Spanish Class being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn. The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $45. Session one begins Jan. 28. To register for the class, contact Jill Marksberry with community education at 824-2871.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• A beginning sewing class will be held Jan. 22 at the Grant County Deposit Bank in Dry Ridge. Information that will be covered during this first session will include: reading a pattern, fabric selection and tools of the trade. The meeting time will be from 6 until 8 p.m. Space is limited. Call the extension office at 859-824-3355 to register.
• The Grant County Board of Health will meet at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23 at the Grant County Health Center, 2345 Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 26 in the library’s community room.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court caucus will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 26.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Jan. 24 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet at noon Jan. 27 at the Grant County Public Library. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 27 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Jan. 22, Jan. 27 and Jan. 28 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Saturday, Jan. 24
9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. CPR/First Aid Certification - Get certified in CPR and First Aid by the American Safety and Health Institute. The CPR class costs $20 and begins at 9:30 a.m. The first aid class costs $10 and begins at 11 a.m. Register for one class or both. Classes will be held at the Grant County Public Library. Call Diana Morgan at 859-824-5362 to register.
Tuesday, Jan. 27
6-8 p.m. Succeed in Mathematics - Charma Linville, a math consultant for the Kentucky Dept. of Education, shows parents of elementary school children activities they can do with their children to help them with math lessons or to get ahead in math. Call 824-2080 to register.
Wednesday, Jan. 28
9:30-10 a.m. – Traveler’s Tales
Thursday, Jan. 29
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop - Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 28 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. Jan. 22 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 24 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.