- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Members of CETA (Community Enrichment Through the Arts) Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 25 at the Grant County Tourism Commission office at the Grant County Chamber office in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 27 at Noble’s.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Jan. 27 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown Main Street Merchants will meet at noon Jan. 26 at the Grant County Chamber of Commerce. Call meeting facilitator Mandy Green at 824-4488 for more information.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Jan. 23 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• The Grant County Saddle club will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Grant County Extension office on Baton Rouge Road. New members welcome! For more information please contact Lois Shuler at 620-4111 or email@example.com.
• Food distribution day at Helping Hands will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Jan. 21. This event is a cooperative effort with the Free Store Food Bank.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 26 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Jan. 28. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet from noon to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Grant County Extension Office for a meet and eat. Bring your lunch. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 28. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) in Dry Ridge. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Appointments are required. New online studies are available. Call 859-823-1341 for an appointment or more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 27 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Bullock Pen Water District Board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Jan. 21 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 21 in the library’s community room.
• The Falmouth Farm Service Agency, which provides assistance to landowners in Grant and Pendleton counties, will hold a county committee meeting at 9 a.m. Jan. 21. For more information, call 859-654-3374.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will hold a caucus (discussion) meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 25.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 26 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Faith Pharmacy (formerly St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy) will distribute prescriptions from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Jan. 26 at the Grant County Community Action Center office in Williamstown. For more information about the program, call 824-4768.
• Saturday, Jan. 23
1-3 p.m. IRS Taxpayer Advocate – Micki Merritt of the IRS will tell you how to get your tax problems resolved using the Taxpayer Advocate Service. This special IRS department works to resolve tax disputes and issues. In addition, this department can help taxpayers get a faster refund if they are financially strapped and facing an immediate problem such as eviction. Merritt will take questions, but will not be prepared to resolve tax problems on the spot. Call 824-2080 to register.
• Monday, Jan. 25
10 a.m.-noon Healthy Monday Indoor Fitness Walking – Put on your tennis shoes and forget the winter blues! Get your heart pumping by stepping in place to an indoor walking DVD. No registration required.
Noon- 2 p.m. Healthy Monday Basic Yoga – Dress comfortably and bring your water bottle and yoga mat. Learn to stretch and tone your body with an easy, basic yoga DVD. No registration required.
2-4 p.m. Healthy Monday Wii Sports – Looking for a little exercise or simply wanting to flex your competitive spirit? Jump into Wii sports at the library. Drop in the community room to play either baseball, tennis, bowling, golf or boxing. Open to all ages. No registration required.
• The Grant County Democratic Party will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center, located at the rear of the city building.
• The Grant County Democratic Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Williamstown City Building.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 27 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. The group will be taking a day trip. For more information, call 428-0252.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 22 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call Faye Dungan at 823-1681 for more information
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Jan 26 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 26 at Williamstown Christian Church. Weigh in begins at 5:45 p.m. For more information, call Verla Patton at 903-9126 or Lynn Hon at 466-7789.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 23 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.