- Special Sections
- Public Notices
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Jan. 19 at Dana in Dry Ridge.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Jan. 21 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 21 at Noble’s.
• The Grant County Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. Jan. 19 at the Senior Citizens’ Center in Williamstown.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 15 and Jan. 20. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 at Dry Ridge Christian Church.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 21. The food pantry and clothes closet are operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School), Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• An Everyday Spanish Class is being offered by Grant County Community Education. Learn general Spanish, including basic expressions, question words, numbers, days of weeks, banking terms, general conversations, restaurant terms and much more. Class will be a four-week classroom instruction time, with an optional trip to local Mexican restaurant to practice what you learn. The class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Grant County Board of Education. The cost is $45. Session one begins Jan. 28. To register for the class, contact Jill Marksberry with Community Education at 824-2871.
• A beginning sewing class will be held Jan. 22 at the Grant County Deposit Bank in Dry Ridge. Information that will be covered during this first session will include: reading a pattern, fabric selection and tools of the trade. The meeting time will be from 6 until 8 p.m. Space is limited so call the Extension Office at 859-824-3355 to register.
• The Grant County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. Jan. 15 in the basement of the county clerk’s office.
• The Grant County 109 Board will meet at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 17 in the basement of the Williamstown post office.
• Dry Ridge City Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 19.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 19.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Jan. 20 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Jan. 20 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Jan. 17 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 20 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Jan. 15, Jan. 20 and Jan. 21 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Thursday, Jan. 15
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
6-8 p.m. Stitch & Scoop - Come one and all! If you know how to stitch – be it knit, crochet, cross or any other kind – we want you to join us for great laughs as we revive the lost crafts in America. Bring your projects and enjoy great conversations while learning new techniques. Open to all ages - beginners and experienced stitchers welcomed. No registration required.
Saturday, Jan. 17
10 a.m.-noon Learn to Sew - Library Assistant Fran Carr shows how to sew basic panel curtains. You supply the curtains and matching thread, we supply the pins, machine and tutor. Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
1-3 p.m. How to Use a Digital Camera - Local photographer and creator of the new Grant County Life magazine Steve Hurley shows you how to access the features of your camera and explains when you may need to use these features. If you have a new camera or still have trouble using your old one, this class is for you. If time permits, Hurley will give basic demonstrations on how to make ordinary pictures stand out. Bring your digital camera and the camera manual to the class. Call 824-2080 to register.
Wednesday, Jan. 21
6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft Excel - Want to learn how to use spreadsheet software? This class is for you. Learn the basics of a spreadsheet, how to enter data and calculate figures using Excel’s mathematical formulas. Space is limited. Call 824-2080 to register.
• The Williamstown Elementary School site-based decision-making council will meet at 4:30 to 6 p.m. Jan. 15.
• The Dry Ridge elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Jan. 20.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 21 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• OFF Program meets at 11 a.m. Jan. 15 at the Grant County Health Center in Williamstown.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 16 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
• Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 17 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 20 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 20 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.