- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Band Boosters will meet from 7 to 8 p.m. Jan. 19 in the GCHS band room. For more information, call Jeff Shelton at 859-391-8555.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• The Chamber breakfast meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Jan. 18 at the Grant County Extension Office on Barnes Road in Williamstown.
• The Williamstown F&AM No. 85 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Jan. 16 at El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Fair Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14 in the meeting room of Grant County Deposit Bank, 1414 N. Main St. in Williamstown.
• The Grant County Woman’s Club will meet Jan. 14. Call Lila McDaniel at 824-4417 for more information.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 11 p.m. Jan. 16 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost for practice targets is $3 for 25 for youth or $3.50 for adults. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John Mullins at 823-0421 for more information.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 19 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Jan. 21. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• Helping Hands Thrift Store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. The Thrift Store is located on Barnes Road (behind Grant County Drugs in Williamstown).
• The Grant County Community Collaborative will meet from noon to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 17 at the Grant County Extension Office for a meet and eat. Bring your lunch. Anyone who would be interested in forming a partnership of people from public, private and business sectors of the county are encouraged to attend. Call Vanessa Rose at 823-2345 for more information.
• The board of directors for Helping Hands will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 18 at St. William Catholic Church in Williamstown.
• Manger Ministries will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 21. The food pantry and clothes closet is operated by Lawrenceville Baptist Church, located on Ky. 1993 in Corinth. Call Lisa at (859) 462-2362 for more information.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School) in Dry Ridge. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday . The center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Appointments are required. New online studies are available. Call 859-823-1341 for an appointment or more information.
• A yoga class is set for 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Jan. 19 at Olde Star Mall in Williamstown. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• A yoga class is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 20 at Olde Star Mall (by Tractor Supply) in the back entrance, 1418 North Main Street, Williamstown, Ky. Call 428-YOGA (9642) to register or for more information.
• The Grant County Conservation District Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14 at the board office in Williamstown. For more information, call 823-2291.
• The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 18.
• The Williamstown City Council caucus will meet at 6 p.m. Jan. 19.
• The Bullock Pen Water District board of directors will meet at 1 p.m. Jan. 21 in the district office in Crittenden.
• The Grant County Sanitary Sewer District will meet at 3 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Bullock Pen Water District building, 1 Farrell Drive in Crittenden.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 19 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
• Monday, Jan. 18
10 a.m.-noon Healthy Monday Indoor Fitness Walking – Put on your tennis shoes and forget the winter blues! Get your heart pumping by stepping in place to an indoor walking DVD. No registration required.
Noon- 2 p.m. Healthy Monday Basic Yoga – Dress comfortably and bring your water bottle and yoga mat. Learn to stretch and tone your body with an easy, basic yoga DVD. No registration required.
2-4 p.m. Healthy Monday Wii Sports – Looking for a little exercise or simply wanting to flex your competitive spirit? Jump into Wii sports at the library. Drop in the community room to play either baseball, tennis, bowling, golf or boxing. Open to all ages. No registration required.
• Wednesday, Jan. 20
6-7:30 p.m. Microsoft Publisher – Do you struggle creating Word documents with pictures or graphs? Do you need a simple flier or events calendar for work? Learn how easy desktop publishing is with Microsoft Publisher. Call 824-2080 to register.
• The Grant County 912 Tea Party Group will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 14 at the Crittenden City Building. Kent Ostrander, president of the Family Foundation of Kentucky, will be the guest speaker.
• The Dry Ridge Elementary SBDM council will meet at 4 p.m. Jan. 19.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 20 in the former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25. The group will be taking a day trip. For more information, call 428-0252.
• A field representative of the Social Security Administration will be at the Grant County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 13. For more information, call the Fort Mitchell office at (859) 282-7324 or 1-800-772-1213.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 15 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call Faye Dungan at 823-1681 for more information.
• The Journey Through Grief support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 18 at 305 North Main Street in Williamstown.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 19 at Williamstown Christian Church. Weigh in begins at 5:45 p.m. For more information, call Verla Patton at 903-9126 or Lynn Hon at 466-7789.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 16 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• The La Leche League of Grant County meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 at the Williamstown Senior Citizens Center. Call Rhonda Schlueter, group leader, at 824-5179 for more information or for help concerning breastfeeding.
• The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will have a representative at the Grant County Courthouse from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Veterans, widows or widowers can receive help with applying for non-service connected disability pensions, service-connected compensation claims or to file for an increase in service-connected compensation claims. Call the office at 824-0940 for an appointment.