- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Grant County Cattlemen’s Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 5 in the Farm Bureau office in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Women’s Club will meet at 6 p.m. Jan. 6 at Noble’s Restaurant.
• The Williamstown Kiwanis will meet at noon Jan. 7 at El Jalisco in Williamstown.
• The Corinth Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 7 at Noble’s.
• Helping Hands is open from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 6. Helping Hands, a coalition of local churches, is located at 214 Barnes Road in Williamstown. The group’s purpose is to provide emergency help, including food, clothing and furniture, to needy families.
• GED studies are offered at the Grant County Adult Education Center, located at 315 School Road (behind Grant County Middle School). The center will be closed through Jan. 4 for the holidays, and will re-open Jan. 5 at 9 a.m. Hours starting Jan. 5 will be Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call for appointment or information at 823-1341.
• Corinth City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 5.
• Williamstown City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 5.
•The Grant County Fiscal Court will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 5.
• Crittenden City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 6.
• The Northern Kentucky Field and Forest Club will meet from 5 to 10 p.m. Jan. 3 at Lloyd’s Wildlife Management Area in Crittenden. Cost is $3 for 25 practice targets. All trap shooters of any age are invited. Call John at 823-0421 or Darlene at (859) 485-2355 for more information.
• Clogging classes will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 6 at the JMB Center on Taft Highway in Dry Ridge.
• Care Net Pregnancy Services will be open Jan. 6 and Jan. 7 at 305 N. Main St. in Williamstown. Free pregnancy tests are available as well as education about options. Call 824-0123 for details.
Friday, Jan. 2
1-3 p.m. Friday Movie Matinee – Eddie, a struggling animal trainer and single dad suddenly finds himself the personal wrangler for a large and lovable St. Bernard whose fabulous movie “audition” catapults the dog to stardom. Call 824-2080 to register.
Saturday, Jan. 3
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Game Day at the Library -No registration required.
Monday, Jan. 5-9
All Week – Winter registration for children’s story times. Parents or caregivers may come in person to register or call 824-2080 to sign up children and then pick up reader card.
Wednesday, Jan. 7
9:30-10 a.m. – Traveler’s Tales
6-7 p.m. Computer Basics - Call 824-2080 to register.
Thursday, Jan. 8
9:30-10 a.m. Tiny Tales
10:30-11:30 a.m. Read to Me
Noon-1 p.m. Soy Foods - Please call 824-3355 by Jan 5 to register in case class is cancelled or there is bad weather.
• Crittenden-Mount Zion SBDM will meet at 4 p.m. Jan. 5.
• The Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School site-based decision-making council meets at 4 p.m. Jan. 6 in room 33.
• Grant County Middle School SBDM will be at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 6.
• The Grant County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 8.
• The Crittenden Senior Citizens meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 7 in former Crittenden city building on U.S. 25.
• TOPS will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 2 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Call 823-8091 for more information.
•Al-Anon, a support group for anyone affected by a problem drinker, will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 3 in the conference room of St. Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County in Williamstown. Call (859) 823-9551 for more information.
• TOPS weight loss support group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 6 at Williamstown Christian Church. For more information, call Judy Schadler at 428-1297 or Lynn Hon at 824-1321.
• Have you or someone you love been affected by Alzheimer’s? A group is getting together to discuss the emotional impact that this disease has on everyone it touches. If you need to talk to someone, or just want to hear what someone else has gone through, please come. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Jan. 8 at the Williamstown Christian Church. Call, Brenda at 859-823-0661 or Debbie at 859-824-6681 for questions.
• Weight Watchers meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 6 at St. William Catholic Church. Weigh-in begins at 6:30 p.m.