- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Of all the things Christmas is, perhaps the best part is a time of reflection. Remember the gift of the Christ Child, but also remember Christmases of your past, family and friends, (some who are gone); reminisce about your children and anticipate your grandchildren. Take time to reflect on the inside too. Do the people you encounter know that the love and joy of Christmas (Christ) lives within you all year long?
Clark’s Creek Baptist
• Dec. 19 – New date for the Christmas musical at 6:30 p.m. The Christmas story will be told through the eyes of the stable animals by puppets. It was rescheduled due to inclement weather on Dec.12.
Family Worship Center
• Dec. 10 – The Innkeeper’s Dilemma at 10 a.m.
• Dec. 19 - URGENCY Youth Christmas party, featuring the “elephant game.” So bring a gift (value under $20) to join the fun. No gift cards from Wal-Mart.
• Dec. 22- Christmas communion service at 7 p.m.
• Dec. 31 – Annual URGENCY Youth lock-in from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Jan. 1, 2011. Bring a few friends and your favorite snacks and come celebrate the new year.
• Dec. 17 - Ladies will meet at the church at 5 p.m. to fill fruit baskets for needy families.
• Dec. 19 - The adult choir will present a Christmas Cantata during 11 a.m. service. Come and enjoy beautiful Christmas music.
• Pastor Pullens preached this past Sunday using scriptures from Matthew 5:34-48, Colossians 2:14 and Colossians 2:20. It is not OK to have the outlook that if I do this small sin, it will be OK and nothing will come of it. Little sins grow up into big sins. God has said in His word the commandments are to be followed.
• Dec. 17 - HAC Puppet Team will be putting on a puppet show titled, “The unwrapped gift.” It will start at 6 p.m. and is open to the public. Free refreshments will be provided after the show.
• Last Sunday, Pastor Ritchie’s message was about the anticipation of the Christmas holiday and compared it with the wonderful anticipation that all Christians feel about the second coming of Christ.
• Dec. 19 - Immanuel will celebrate with a Christmas dinner at noon.
• Dec. 24 - The traditional Christmas Eve candle light service begins at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 859-428-1133.
• Dec. 25 - There will also be a Christmas morning service at 10:30 a.m. Take the opportunity to celebrate the Lord’s birth.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the Web site at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• On Sunday, the sermon by Bro. Paul Marksberry was, “Who is Simeon?” (Luke2:25-26)
• The deacon of the week is Don Bingham, at 428-1877.
• Wednesday nights - Prayer service and Team Kids
• Dec. 18 - Garlene’s class will have a Christmas party at her house at 5 p.m.
• Dec. 19 - Christmas special during morning service presented by the Team Kids. Santa, special music and refreshments will be featured after the evening service.
• Breakfast will resume April 3.
• Dec. 22- Caroling at 4 p.m. Fruit baskets will also be delivered. There will be a prayer service at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• On Sunday, the choir opened up with “Away In a Manger.” Samantha Wainscott sung special music. Bro. Baker’s message was from John 1:1-18, part two of the sermon series “The Gift God Gave Us Is.” The gift was unique because He was the only one virgin born, the only one who left heaven and He was the only one to resurrect and return to heaven.
• Dec. 19 - Christmas play at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 1 - White Elephant Party at 3 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Melinda Bolling, Nevaeh Asher and Paula Cook.
• Happy Anniversary to Tim and Jamie Kellam.
Short Creek Baptist
• On Dec. 5, Bro. Brad’s message was entitled “Hope,” from Ephesians 2:1-10. This message gives Christians an idea of what God has saved them from and that there is hope to live because He is in the redeaming business. Jesus died to save all from sin and He lives to make all free.
• Sundays - Children in Action (grades 1-6) at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 18 - Christmas caroling at 3 p.m.
• Dec. 19 - Christmas play at 6 p.m.
• Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m.
• Dec. 26 - Christmas cantata. For more information, call 859-866-3430.
• When a person makes a mistake, what is one of the first things they think about? One thing people usually think is, “I wish I would have known before hand that this would be my consequence. Sunday morning Pastor Steve Davis preached a message using Luke 16:19-31, “ A Glimpse Into Eternity. “ God looks on the heart. If you where to look on yours truly today what you see? Would your glimpse into eternity be Heaven or hell?
• Come as you are at 10:30 a.m. Sunday mornings for Sunday Celebration.
• Dec. 19 - All middle and high school students are welcome to come to Vertical Youth. It meets at 12:30 p.m. following the Sunday Celebration.
• Dec. 24 – Come to The Vineyard for a Christmas Eve Celebration at 5:30 p.m.
• For more information about The Vineyard go to www.facebook.com/vineyardgc or check out the website at www.vineyardgc.com.
• At the Sunday morning worship services, Senior Minister Gary Swick preached from Luke 2, the angels’ message to the shepherds. The theme was peace, and he used John 14:27 and Philippians 4:6 in his message.
• Dec.19 - Sunday school will be at 9:30 with one worship service at 10:30. The children will present their Christmas program. On Sunday evening WCC will be Christmas caroling to shut-ins in the community.
• The Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will be held on Christmas Eve at 10 p.m. The service will include singing, special music, testimonies, communion and the lighting of candles.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• There will be a revival beginning at 7:30 Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Everyone is welcome to attend. The Rev. Danny Patterson will be the guest speaker. For more information, call Pastor Bobby Jewell at 859-824-4922. The church is located on U.S. 25 S., Williamstown.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Dec. 18 – Food pantry and Christmas play dress rehearsal from 10 a.m. to noon in the sanctuary. Bell choir practice will be at 1 p.m.
• Dec. 19 – Fireproof Christmas party at 9:30 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Bring a $10 gift. Worship service at 11 a.m. and the Christmas play and WUMC Christmas dinner at 5 p.m. or immediately following the play. Bring a side dish and a dessert; the meat will be provided.
• Dec. 20 – Bible study at 1 p.m. and the pre-school Christmas ply will be at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec 22 - Choir practice at 5:30 p.m. and Bible study at 6:30 p.m.