- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Cherry Grove Pentecostal Church of God
• Sept. 24 – Homecoming dinner at 5:30 p.m.
• Sept. 25 – Homecoming celebration at 2 p.m. with Dove Award Winning Christian recording artist, speaker and author, Ann Downing, formerly with the Bill Gaither Gospel Group.
• Sept. 26-27 – Revival at 7 p.m.
• Thought for the week: If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump with them or be at the bottom to catch them?
Dry Ridge Christian
• Sept. 11 - A fellowship lunch will follow worship service at noon. Youth group meet from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Sept. 18 - Board meeting following second service.
Family Worship Center
• Sept. 16 - Join URGENCY Youth for some laser tag and mini golf at LazerAdventure. For more details see Pastor Ryan or Rachel.
• Sept. 12 – Leadership training - 7 p.m.
• Sept. 10 - Youth group services have been changed from Wednesday evening to Sunday, during the pastor’s sermon. The youth group will be having a bake sale at The Ole’ Star Mall.
• Sept. 11 - Church homecoming.
Grassy Run Baptist
• Sept. 11 - Annual picnic - bring a side dish or dessert.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh’s sermon was from Luke 14. Christians all need to accept God’s invitation to his banquet. God’s hospitality is open to all.
• Services - Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• On Sunday, the church celebrated 20 years in the church building God has blessed us with.
• Sept. 18 – Speaker from Sunrise Children’s Home
• Sept. 25 – Old Fashioned Days with meal
• Happy birthday to Bro. Russ Baker, Bonnie Lunsford, Tina Perez, Evie Lee, Heather Cook, Mercedes Perry, Matthew Lunsford, Eric Lunsford, Rob Thompson and Mary Ann Knipfer.
• Happy anniversary to Bill and Sue Baker and Tony and Linda Ridder.
Short Creek Baptist
• Sundays - Youth meeting at 5 p.m.
• Wednesdays - Children’s Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Sept. 17 - Canoe trip
• The Men’s Softball League has wrapped up this season. The church awarded Billy Hess this year’s Player Christian Spirit Award.
• There are many pictures of Jesus on what He may have looked like, but what is important is what He has done for us. Many times, people judge or criticize others for the way they look or act, but Christians are not to judge others.
Tabernacle Baptist Church
• Sunday morning Bro. Nathanial Simpson preached a message about Jesus Christ being the only survival using John 6:66-71. Do you really believe when you hear someone say, ‘Jesus loves you?’ If you, do you do anything about it?
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• Sept. 9-11 – Revival featuring Bro. Gene Johns. Services start at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. There will be no homecoming on Sunday, only services. For more information, call Pastor Bobby Jewell at 859-824-4922.
Williamstown United Methodist
Sept. 11 - UMM Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Sunday school at 10 a.m. (children through adults); Promotions Sunday/ worship service at 11 a.m. with youth catered meal immediately following worship service at noon. Administrative council meet following the meal at 1 p.m. Worship service at 5 p.m. along with Fireproof youth group and children’s activities. Praise and worship band will practice at 7 p.m.
• Sept. 12 – Men’s prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. at Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge.
• Sept. 14- Bible Study at 6:30 PM at WUMC