- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Sundays - adult Bible classes and children at 10 a.m. worship at 11 a.m., prayer at 6 p.m., Wednesdays - Bible study and KidZone at 7 p.m.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503 and Colby Carrig - 859-814-4007
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
Disciples of Christ
• All are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Beginning Sunday, July 7 and through July 28, Crittenden Christian will be hosting a free breakfast for the community every Sunday from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Brown bag lunches will also be provided to anyone wishing to take one home. All are welcome.
• Divorce, going down the wrong path, no family time together, drugs and alcohol are just some of the reasons for the decline in family values today. What people see on TV, papers and movies is not scripturally correct. How do you combat these attacks on family values? Visit a church and hear God’s word. Bring your children to church. Learn God’s Word and about His love.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• June 16 - No evening services.
• June 16 - All baby bottles for Care Net are due back at church.
• June 18 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 11 a.m.
• June 22 - Youth and counselors will be leaving on their mission trip to South Carolina. They will return on June 29.
• June 30 –Bro. Mark Payton will be installed as the new pastor. The choir from St. Paul Baptist Church at Shively Heights will providing the music for the service and Dr. Lincoln Bingham will be bringing the message at 5:30 p.m. Afterwards there will be a time of fellowship. Bring finger foods, snacks or dessert.
Dry Ridge Christian
• A group of 25 middle and high school youth celebrated the end of the school year with a “lock in,” spending the night at Dry Ridge Christian on May 23.
• The Sunday evening worship service “116” continues with Pastor Josh Cummins bringing the Gospel message and the Praise Band leading inspirational music.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• June 16 - The pipe organ will be played to celebrate Father’s Day. The first organized church in Grant County evolved over the years to become Dry Ridge Presbyterian Church.
• Aug. 4 - Annual Founders Day with pipe organ concert featuring guest organist Diana Webb. Webb will also play the historic pipe organ at 11 a.m. and at the Sunday worship on June 23.
• Worship at 11 a.m. every Sunday.
The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
Family Worship Center
• There will be no URGENCY youth on June 16 due to Father’s Day.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached concerning prayers. In Matthew 6, Jesus exhorts us not to pray like hypocrites who pray to be seen. We can go to God every day with the same request if we are sincere. God never tires of hearing us pray, whether brief prayers during our daily routine or extended prayers when we seek his help or give thanks for blessings.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Bro. Jim spoke on justification.
• June 15 – Men’s breakfast at 8 a.m.
• June 19 – Business meeting
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• The church offers a food pantry on the second and fourth Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The youth have been serving with the KY Changers, they will be returning home June 15.
• June 16 - Father/Son prayer breakfast in the Fellowship Hall at 9 a.m.
• June 30 - “Singspiration” during the evening services. If you plan on sharing a song there is a sign-up sheet on the platform.
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m. The church has started a new sermon series based on the best selling novel ‘The Story’, which retells the events of the Bible in chronological order in the form of a story.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) meets from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• The mission trip to Tennessee is planned for June 23 through June 29 and the more people the go the more people the church can serve. See Rodney if you are interested in attending and have not yet signed up.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Chastine’s message “Wearing the Right Label” was from Matthew 7:21-23.
• The deacon of the week is Don Bingham 428-1877.
• Happy Birthday to Patricia Brubaker.
• Prayer service at 7 p.m. on Wednesday and at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Sunday morning.
• Jesus cookies for the KY Raceway Ministry are due to Garlene by June 26.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers.
• Sunday service at 2 p.m., Tuesday children youth service at 7 p.m., Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• June 16 - Special offering for the tornado victims in Oklahoma.
• June 27 - Senior adult meal at 5 p.m.
• June 30- Fifth Sunday service at 6 p.m. followed by a fellowship meal. Anyone who would like to bring special music, see Tom or Bro. Willie.
• Remember the ongoing mission projects: Quilters meet at noon each Tuesday; Operation Christmas child boxes; food pantry; Oneida Baptist School box top label.
• Weekly services are Sunday school at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., Choir practice at 5 p.m., evening worship at 6 p.m., Ra’s and Ga’s at 6 p.m., prayer meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesdays and quilting group at noon Tuesdays.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Service times are Sunday School at 10 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m., Sunday at 6 p.m. and Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• “Train Up a Child” was the theme of the minister’s message Sunday with the emphasis on the discipline stage of parenting. Parents need to do the disciplining, letting children know the boundaries and the consequences, being consistent, never disciplining in anger and listening. Parents need to discipline privately, be sure the consequences match the infraction and be patient.
• June 20 - Senior Saints will travel to Yew Dell Botanical Gardens.
• June 21 – June 22 - Work Day
• July 7 - July 12 - The North American Christian Convention will be held in Louisville.
• June 14 – June 16 - The church will be featuring Bro. G. McCoy at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. For more information, call Rev. Bobby Jewell at 824-4922.
• June 16 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m., Fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m., The church has five adult Sunday School classes available, Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m. There will be an administrative council meeting immediately following the second service.
• In the Beginning Preschool is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. See Tracy Goe or Laura Epperson (823-5171) for a registration packet.
• Mondays - Zumba and Martial Arts at 6:15 p.m.
• Tuesdays - Men’s Group at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Youth at 6 p.m., adult Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.