- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Aug. 8 - Back to School Bash from 5:30 to 7 p.m. There will be games, pizza and funnel cakes.
• Aug. 15 – TeamKid Kick Off (continuation of Summer Day Camp) will be held each Wednesday evening from 5 to 7 p.m. for grades first through sixth. There will be Bible study, games and dinner provided.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Aug. 12 – During the 10:45 a.m. worship service, Deacons for the upcoming year will be voted on.
• Monthly business meeting immediately following the evening worship service.
• LYDIA will have their annual picnic immediately following the 10:45 a.m. worship service at the home of Bill and Vicki Jump. Bring a side dish.
• Aug. 13 - Church-wide outreach at 6 p.m.
• Aug. 14 - Night Baptist Women meet on at 6 p.m. at the church.
• Aug. 15 - “Back to School Bash” in the youth center at 6 p.m. All students entering the sixth grade are invited to attend.
Dry Ridge Christian
• The new contemporary service, “116”, continues to grow. This worship service is at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday evenings. The message is brought by Pastor Josh Cummins.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s sermon was based on the Gospel of Mark 2:13-17, “Matthew, the Unlikely Disciple”. All sin and fall short of God’s commandments yet Jesus still calls us all. Repentance – turning away from sin and turning toward Jesus as Matthew did – is what changes us from unlikely to likely disciples of the Lord.
• Elder for the month of August is Melinda Wheeler (859-824-5622).
• Aug. 12 - Worship at 11 a.m. - Sermon is “Thomas, the Doubting Disciple”
• Aug. 19 - Founders’ Day at 11 a.m. worship and church rededication, followed by pot-luck lunch and 2 p.m. pipe organ concert and hymn sing featuring guest organist Diana Webb. Information available from Julie Donahue, church music director, at email@example.com.
• Aug. 12 – 15 – Revival with Dr. David Butler, pastor of the Cedar Point Church in Concord N.H.
• Aug. 12 - Sunday morning services start at 11 a.m. Dinner following morning worship.
• Aug. 12 – Homecoming at 7 p.m.
• Aug. 13 – Youth Pizza night at 7 p.m.
• Aug. 14 – Watermelon night at 7 p.m.
• Aug. 15 – Ice Cream Social at 7 p.m.
Family Worship Center
• July 29 – Night of Worship at 7 p.m. Experience God through prayer, praise and worship.
• Aug. 13 - The Grant County Ministers will meet at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from 1 John chapter two, concerning the anti-christ (persons who were “against Christ” or denied Christ). When the false teachers left the church, they showed that they were never true believers. John wrote to remind the Christians that they had received the Holy Spirit and the truth from God and they should not listen to falsehoods spread by unbelievers.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. and morning worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Aug. 25 - Family Day at Chuck E Cheese’s from 10 a.m. to noon in Florence
• Sept. 2 - Family Day at the WEBN Fireworks in Devou Park.
• The Sunday night Remix service will resume in the fall.
• The Sunday morning services are at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sermon series is called “Set Free”, which is a study of grace from the book of Galatians.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul’s sermon “Thanking the Lord” (Revelation 4:9-11) and earning the Five Crowns: Crowns of Righteousness, Life, Glory, Soul Winning and Martyr”
• The deacon of the week - Jim Tiller 428-3727
• Aug. 8 - Business meeting at 7 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Nancy Austin.
• Aug. 18 - Church and Community Song Inspiration/Picnic. Eating/event at 2 p.m. and music at 4 p.m.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway Street in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate pastor – Gary Woodford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Day Ministries Full Gospel
• Located at 1212 N. Main Street in Midway Plaza.
• Sundays – Church at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays – Bible Study at 7 p.m. Come as you are and worship with us.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Pastor Willie brought the message from 1 Corinthians chapter 12 on “Spiritual gifts” and “Serving God with a smile”
• Congratulations and welcome to Penny and Scott Ralstin upon accepting Christ as their personal Savior.
• Sunday School is at 10 a.m. followed by church at 11 a.m. Sunday evening services are at 6 p.m. with RA’s and GA’s and Acteens meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday evening prayer service is at 6 p.m.
• Upcoming events
• Aug. 8 – Mission Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
• Aug. 12 – Vision meeting at 6 p.m.
• Aug. 26 - Gideon Speaker
• Aug. 30 – Senior Dinner at 5 p.m.
• Ladies quilting group meets every Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the church basement. For more information, call Bro. Willie Ailstock.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Aug. 19 - Kickoff for revival - praise and worship with Billy and Dana Arnett
• Aug. 20 – Revival at 7 p.m. with Gerald Crabb and special singing nightly with Adam Crabb.
• Aug. 12 - Sunday School and church services at Webb Park in Williamstown; Picnic and music following.
• Aug. 19 - Baptism services for Wally and Logan at 4 p.m.
• Sept. 9 - Guest speaker Ted Harrison will speak during morning services; a fish fry dinner will follow.
• Happy Birthday Ryan Knight and Gracie Pugh.
The Potters House
Located at 115 S. Main Street in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• Pastor Charles Courtney and co-pastor Gary Tucker
• Sunday School 9:30 a.m.; Sunday worship 10:30 a.m.; Sunday evening 6 p.m. and Wednesday evening 7 p.m.
• Preaching and Living the Word of God. For more information, call 859-428-0866. Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and
Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Aug. 9 – Impact Kentucky meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Chipman Building. This is for anyone interested in volunteering.
• Aug. 10 – Softball cookout at 6:30 p.m. at the Spratt’s.
• Aug. 12 – Worship Alive! At 8:30 p.m. Join us for the early morning contemporary style service.
• Sunday service times: 9:30 a.m. – fellowship time; 10 a.m. – Sunday School (four adults classes as well as classes for kindergarten through 12 grade.); 11 a.m. – traditional worship service; noon – administrative council meeting and 4 to 7 p.m. youth swim party at Eagle Country Club. Meet at church at 3:30 p.m. if you need a ride.
• Annual blessing of the backpacks – students need to bring their backpacks (teachers can bring planners) to church so we can offer a prayer of blessing over them for a productive school year.