- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Christ Community Assembly of God
• The adult Sunday School Class meets at 10 a.m. and is getting ready to begin a study of the book of Revelation. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; Sunday morning worship at 11 a.m.; Wednesday Bible study at 7 p.m.
• The Assembly of God church is located at 139 North Main Street in Williamstown. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Aug. 31 - Service at 2:30 p.m. at Grant Manor.
• Sept. 3 - Wednesday Night Bible Study begin 7 p.m. Quintin McNabb is the teacher.
• August Bible Books to read are Galatians through Colossians.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; choir practice at 5:30 p.m.; evening service at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Gary Gross
• Sunday services – 10 a.m. Sunday School; 11 a.m. church service at 6 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• The church is located at 266 Keefer Road in Corinth.
• Sept. 10 - AWANA registration. AWANA begins Sept. 17.
• Sept. 14 - Crittenden Baptist Association Choir Revival featuring Phil Cross at 6 p.m.
• Sunday services - Small Groups/Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m.; Kidstown Children’s Ministry at 9:45 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m. by Pastor Doug Miller; evening worship at 6 p.m.; evening youth at 6 p.m.
• Tuesdays – morning Bible study at 9 a.m., except last Tuesday of each month.
• Women on Missions at 9 a.m. last Tuesday of each month.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• To learn more about the church, contact the church at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• There will be no evening services on Aug. 31.
• There will be no “G” Grow meeting in September.
• The Women’s Bible study has resumed with meetings at 7 p.m. on Mondays in the youth center.
• Sunday services are 8:30 and 10:45 a.m.; Sunday School at 9:45 a.m.; evening services are at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and Sundays. Call the church office at 824-5501 for more information.
Dry Ridge Christian (Disciples of Christ)
• Sept. 7 - Prayer study begins at 6 p.m.
• Organ by Maestro Tom
• Wednesdays – Recovery is Possible AA meeting at 10 a.m.
• Sunday – Early service (informal) at 8:30 a.m.; Sunday School for all ages at 9:30 a.m.; morning worship (traditional) at 10:45 a.m.; Summer at the movies at 6 p.m.
• For more information, call 859-823-1303, visit Dry Ridge Christian on Facebook or visit Pastor Bob at email@example.com.
• Aug. 30 - Sermon: “Three Prayers: Please, Thanks, Wow” and guest vocalist.
• Sundays - Traditional worship at 11 a.m.
Family Worship Center
• Aug. 30 - Golfing: An FWC Connect Group.
• Sept. 7 - “Kindle The Flame” registration due
• Sept. 13 - Scrapbooking: An FWC Connect Group – See Pastor Rachel
• Sept. 13 - Ladies’ Bunco
• Sept. 19 - Birds of a Feather: An FWC Connect Group for women of all ages
• Sept. 21 - FWC hosts R.T. Kindle.
• Oct. 3 – Oct. 4 - Band of Brothers
• Nov. 6 – Nov. 9 - Call to Arms
• Mondays - Reformers Unanimous for anyone with an addiction of any kind at 7 p.m.
• Visit the website @ www.firstloveky.org/ for service times, events, sermons.
• Sundays new study in the old testament at 9:15 a.m.; Sunday worship at 10:30 a.m.; Monday Hurt, Habit and Hang up Group at 7 p.m.; Wednesday “Nugget of Truth with Prayer” at 7 p.m.; Thursdays –Women’s Bible study at 11 a.m.
• Sept. 21- Homecoming singing and dinner. Featured guest: Brother Charles Hampton from Full Gospel House of Praise at 10:30 a.m. in Independence.
• There will be no Sunday School on Sept. 21 and Sunday morning worship will begin at 10:30 a.m. dinner to follow at Webb Park.
• Pastor - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Service times are at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sundays and at 7 p.m. on Thursdays.
• Aug. 31 - Fifth Sunday, service at 2 p.m. only. This month we will be having puppets and signing and a grill out afterwards. It is our Funday Sunday.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Aug. 31 - Movie night at 6:30 p.m. viewing and discussing “Heaven Is For Real”.
• Pastor James Sears - 824-0037
• Service times are Sunday school at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; evening worship at 6:30 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study and prayer at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday young Bible warriors at 6:30 p.m.
• W.M.U. Meetings are at 5 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month.
• Celebrate Recovery. Drop the Hurt, Hang-up and Habits. Meetings will start in the fall.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Mt. Olivet will now be having services at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays at the Grant County High School in the auditorium. Children’s Church, Wee Church and nursery services are still available.
• Wednesday Night Apps meet at 6 p.m. at the church on Wednesday evenings. A light meal will be followed by Bible study.
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Aug. 31 - Fifth Sunday Hymn Sing at 7 p.m. with a meal before at 6 p.m.
• Sept. 3 - Team Kids will begin at 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 6 – Community Picnic/Inspirational Singing.
• Sept. 7 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. The church will have Sunday School and worship service.
• Sept. 14 - Bro. Eddie Pilgrim a former pastor, will be preaching in the morning service
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 824-0947.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers. Transportation provided. Contact Bro. Meyers at 859-428-3120.
• Sunday service at 10 a.m., Sunday evening service at 7 p.m. and at 7 p.m. and Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• The food pantry needs to be replenished with non-perishable items.
• Other ongoing missions projects include Operation Christmas Child, Sunrise Sewing group meets at noon on Tuesdays; food pantry, box tops and soup labels.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; mission groups at 6 p.m.; evening worship at 6 p.m.; Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m.
• Remember the many on the prayer list.
Open Door Baptist
• Worship service at 11 a.m. Lunch provided after service.
• The church is located at 1190 Dry Ridge Road, Dry Ridge (across from Grant County Foods). For more information call Pastor Troy Winters at 859-803-6043 or visit the website at www.LeaveChanged.com
• Revive is a non-denominational church with contemporary services that meets at in the former location of Vineyard (the old Pic Pac Building) on U.S. 25 in Williamstown.
• Sunday services are Sunday 10:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays- Jr. high youth group (grades fifth through seventh) from 6 to 7:30 p.m.; Thursdays - senior high youth (grades eighth through 12th) from 6 to 7:30 p.m. There will also be small group meetings throughout the week to minister to the adult’s spiritual needs. Go to the app store and download the “Revive GC” app.
• Co-pastors are Earl Breeden (859-814-7594) and Josh Cummins.
• Worship leader: C.J. Walters
Sherman Full Gospel
• Pastor Ray Gaines
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., Sunday morning worship at 11 a.m., Sunday night at 6 p.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m. For more information, call the church at 859-428-2200.
Church of Christ
• Traditional service from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.; Sunday School 9:45 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.; praise gathering from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and evening service at 7 p.m.
• Aug. 29 and Oct. 15 - Best Years, there are two best years trips coming up. The first will be Belle of Louisville lunch cruise on Aug. 29. The second will be a trip to Shipshewana on Oct. 15 through Oct. 17. Plans include attending a play and a Gospel concert. Sign up for these trips on the bulletin board. See Earl Hedges with any additional questions.
• Sept. 5 -Junior high students are invited to a campout at Jeff and Denise Melton’s house at 6:30 p.m. For more information, see Jeff or Denise.
• Sept. 7 - Pool party for elementary students from 12:30 to 3 p.m. at Jason and Tiffany Gabbert’s house. Sign up on the bulletin board if you plan to attend. Bring $3 per student to order pizza.
• Sept. 17 - Kickoff meal to start up midweek Bible study and youth group meetings. More details coming soon.
• Sept. 26 - Sept. 27 – Zoo field trip for elementary
• Oct. 24 – Oct. 25 – Zoo field trip for junior high
Cost is $45 for either and registration is currently open. Elementary trip is open to students in grades second through fifth and the registration deadline is Sept. 7. Junior High registration deadline is Sept. 21. See Eric with any additional questions.
• For more information about Sherman Church of Christ and the ministries, visit the website at www.shermancoc.org.
• The church is located at 8475 Cordova Road in Berry.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; Sunday morning services at 11 a.m.; Sunday night services at 6 p.m.
• Pastor - Bro. Larry Workman
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; Sunday evening service at 6 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
Church of Christ
• Minister - Dave Shanklin
• Sunday Services - Sunday School at 9:50 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; evening worship and youth meeting at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday Night Bible study and youth meeting at 7 p.m.
• Bible Study at 10 a.m.; worship at 8:45 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. Bro. Nick Sandefur will be preaching. If you are unable to attend, view the 11 a.m. service live on Channel 16. There will be no evening worship.
• Sept. 10 - Fall schedule will begin with the family night meal and activities for all ages from 5 to 7 p.m.
Church of God
• Aug. 30 – Fun Fest from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Grant County Park on U.S. 25 (the Old Fairgrounds) in Crittenden. The event will include Laser Tag, Inflatables, cornhole tournament, live music, food and silent auction. Proceeds go towards paying off the current mortgage and “Paving the Way” to repairing and repaving the parking lot. For more information contact Gail Baker at 428-2725.
• Sunday’s message from 1 Peter 4:4-7 dealt with the final judgment when we will give an account.
• Sept. 7 - AWANA kick-off will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Williamstown Christian offers classes, worship and programs for all ages.
• Sept. 14 - Sept. 17 - A revival is planned for September 14-17.
• Worship Alive at 9 a.m.
• Mondays - Zumba at 6:15 p.m.
• Tuesdays - Men’s group at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Youth at 6 p.m., adult Bible study at 6:30 p.m.; praise and worship team practice at 7:30 p. m.
• Fridays – Zumba at 6:15