- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• There are many, many responsibilities that go with the title of Motherhood. A mother passes on her faith in many ways - work ethic, money, behavior and spirituality. If you want to keep your children’s feet on the ground, you need to put some responsibility on their shoulders. Pretty is what you are, beauty is what you do with it.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• May 20 - Dr. Jerry Pipes will be speaking in both morning and evening worship services. Dr. Pipes has traveled around the world speaking to millions of people in churches, schools and businesses. He is one of a handful of speakers recommended by the Billy Graham Training Center.
• Several more dozen cookies are needed. The church would like to supply every senior in Williamstown and Grant County High School with a bag of cookies. Bring them May 20 so the youth will have time to get them in bags and get them distributed.
• June 3 - New Sunday School class for anyone who is not currently attending Sunday School. Meet in the sanctuary. Teachers are Jack Wilson and Jeff Bricken.
• June 21 - Young at Heart will leave the church at 7:30 a.m. for Stearns, Ky. to ride the Big South Fork Scenic Railway. They will leave the station at 11 a.m. to go to Blue Heron, a coal mining camp where they can view a coal mine and a tipple. A Hobo box lunch will be available with a complimentary bandana. They will arrive back at Stearns at 2 p.m. and will then visit the museum. Cost of the entire trip is $23 and must be paid by June 7.
Dry Ridge Christian
• New contemporary evening service, “116”. Listen to the message presented by Youth Pastor Josh Cummins and sing along with the band. The service starts at 6:30 pm each Sunday night. Childcare provided.
Family Worship Center
• May 30 - Joab Fischer and his fiancé, Amanda Page, will minister at 7 p.m. Joab ministers alongside his parents, Steve and Sharmin and his siblings, Naiah, Jasmine, and Jael. The Fischer family planted Faith Family Christian Church in Hong Kong, China in 2004 and do extensive mission work on main land China.
• June 3 – Church in the Park - 10 a.m. Grant County Park - worship and baptismal service and dinner on the grounds. Bring a lawn chair.
• June 4 - Grant County Ministers meeting 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• June 6 - Night of worship at 7 p.m. There is no better way to spend your evening than honoring God with praises and thanksgiving.
First Love Community
• May 12 - There were over 120 cars parked bringing the attendance way up in the 100’s with a lot of people coming together crossing denominational lines of preference to fellowship with one another in Christ at the Community Jam. a hit as we look forward to doing the same thing next year.
• Jen Volker was the speaker for our Mother’s Day service. She has a powerful testimony of the saving and healing power of Jesus Christ. Being brought up in an abusive situation as a young girl, drugs and diagnosed with Lupus not many years ago, God not only saved her but gave her a clean bill of health.
Pastor Pullens preached “The six most dangerous words” (Luke 14:12-14) “I pray thee have me excused”
These are the six most dangerous words you could say. The church is now full of people that are so critical of each other. They are looking at one another but when they are called on they begin to ask to be excused. When God’s people sit on the gifts that God has given us, were asking to be excused.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from Acts 1 concerning the choosing of an apostle to replace Judas. Matthias answered the call to do God’s work. Christians may be called to take up responsibilities in the church and should be willing to answer the call for what God wants them to do.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. Morning Worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• May 20 - Recognizing graduates during the morning services.
• June 4 - Pastor Rick and Cheryl will be doing the study, “When God’s People Pray”
• June 8 - Cameron and Elizabeth will be leading a study entitled, “ God, As He Longs for You To See Him”.
• June 8 - Charles and Amy will be doing, “When God’s Spirit Moves”. Also, Elizabeth will be leading the study, “When God’s People Pray,” for women on Tuesday mornings beginning June 19. These studies will continue throughout the summer months. There are sign-up sheets with more information on the platform.
• For information about Mt. Carmel Baptist, go to www.themcbc.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermons “Honor thy Father and Mother” (Exodus 20:12 and “Light of the World” Joshua 1:6-9)
• Deacon of the week is Jim Tiller 428-3727
• May 20 - Birthday celebration for Marcella Lillard from 2 to 4 p.m. at Grant Manor.
• Happy Birthday to Chris Glacken and Ron West and Happy Anniversary to Kenny and Rosie Bobb.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway Street in Dry Ridge. All visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Youth Pastor – Colton Partin
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Day Ministries Full Gospel
• Located at 1212 N. Main Street in Midway Plaza.
• Sundays – Church at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays – Bible Study at 7 p.m. Come as you are and worship with us.
• Come worship at 11 S. Main Street in the lower level of the Family Dollar Store in Crittenden.
• Pastors are Charles and Linda Courtney.
• CO. Pastors are Gary and Betty Tucker.
• Sunday services at 10 a.m. and evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 6 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday Evening worship 6:30 p.m. and
Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• May 13 - Senior Minister Gary Swick preached about Abraham from Genesis 22, Chapter 2 of “The Story.” Abraham was known as a man who lived a life of faith. Faith is obeying God even when you are not sure of where you are going. It is trusting God even when it doesn’t make sense.
• May 20 - Church will be honoring its seven high school graduates.
• May 20 - Annual church picnic will be at Grant County Park after the second worship service.
• Early worship service is at 8:45 a.m. and is a traditional service. Sunday school follows at 10 a.m. The second worship service, which is a contemporary service, is at 11 a.m. Same gospel sermon at both services.
Williamstown United Methodist
• May 18 - Men’s Softball Game at Crittenden Baptist. Time is pending.
• May 20 - Worship Alive - Contemporary style service at 8:30 a.m.
• A Time of Fellowship at 9:30 a.m. Come for coffee, snacks and fellowship in the fellowship room.
• Handbell practice from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Ages 4 years of age through fifth grade. This is super easy. No musical ability or experience needed.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. with four adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for kindergarten through 12 grade.
• Worship service at 11 a.m. Graduating Senior’s Reception at noon immediately following the traditional service.
• Mission Team meeting immediately following Senior’s Reception.